BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Remote software upgrade 7/2023.53 - anyone else having issues?

11-03-2023, 06:14 AM   #67
Kosymodo
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX1 xDrive30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZI89 View Post
But it seems you don’t have Relax mode. Unless this is specific to users who have the optional lumbar support/massage seats
Yeah, that would make sense, as I don't have the fancy seats
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 10:29 AM   #68
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
But it seems you don’t have Relax mode. Unless this is specific to users who have the optional lumbar support/massage seats
I have Active Seats for both front seats(lumbar support and massaging), but no heated seats or steering wheel.

However, I don't see "Relax" mode as one of the modes? Or is it just for X1s in Europe and UK? (I'm in the US)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 10:46 AM   #69
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilverX1 View Post
I have Active Seats for both front seats(lumbar support and massaging), but no heated seats or steering wheel.

However, I don't see "Relax" mode as one of the modes? Or is it just for X1s in Europe and UK? (I'm in the US)
Could be a regional thing
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 03:46 PM   #70
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
Could be a regional thing
never mind, it was a BMW bug thing.

I thought it was odd that "Digital Art" was also missing. Did a hard reset and waited. When it rebooted, both "Relax" and "Digital Art" modes returned to the screen.

Guess now I can drive and relax completely.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 04:10 PM   #71
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I thought it was odd that "Digital Art" was also missing. Did a hard reset and waited. When it rebooted, both "Relax" and "Digital Art" modes returned to the screen.

Got to try that myself. Is the hard reset done by pressing on the volume knob until the system restarts?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 06:48 PM   #72
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
Got to try that myself. Is the hard reset done by pressing on the volume knob until the system restarts?
Yes, that's how I reset it. In fact, I have done that a few times when I first got the X1 back in late April. It cured more of the bugs/issues.

these days, we are basically buying a big computer on wheels.
Appreciate 2
      11-03-2023, 10:44 PM   #73
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, that's how I reset it. In fact, I have done that a few times when I first got the X1 back in late April. It cured more of the bugs/issues.

these days, we are basically buying a big computer on wheels.
Thanks!

..yep! And that computer is made by a car manufacturer, instead of a software company 🙈
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2023, 05:43 AM   #74
jimdem
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 U11

There are some incidents in Greece with owners that updated to the latest version and the yellow check engine light (that later disappeared) wasn't so innocent.

They decided to visit the dealership just for a check, and they discovered issue with the brake unit. The cars were prohibited from driving until the replacement part arrives. Maybe a recall will be issued soon.

So far only cars with production earlier than June are affected. Mine is a July build and after the update i didn't see any check engine sign.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 05:57 AM   #75
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Tried the hard reset. Still no digital art. Oh well…
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 02:59 PM   #76
Agiclone
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 30D M Sport

I don’t like the new thinner font, it’s harder to see on wet shiny roads.
During the update the radio wouldn’t turn off so it sat there on the drive boogieing away to itself!
These are the least of my problems sadly. . .
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 06:37 PM   #77
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep

Quote:
Tried the hard reset. Still no digital art. Oh well…
you don't need digital art!

just look out the window while you drive. you're in one of the most beautiful countries in the world!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 10:56 PM   #78
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
you don't need digital art!

just look out the window while you drive. you're in one of the most beautiful countries in the world!
Haha that’s true!

I’m not actually bothered that digital art was removed . Just don’t understand BMW and their decisions sometimes
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 12:44 PM   #79
richiro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 M35i

I find the digital art mode v obnoxious. I think the relax mode is a nice touch but who’s going into their car to relax?

Also once digital premium trial expires that mode goes away
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 12:51 PM   #80
FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richiro View Post
I find the digital art mode v obnoxious. I think the relax mode is a nice touch but who’s going into their car to relax?

Also once digital premium trial expires that mode goes away
Digital premium is only available for iDrive 9. IDrive 8 either had these options or it not (or get deleted via software update )

No add-ons in the same way as iDrive 9.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 04:29 PM   #81
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiro View Post
The relax mode kicks in the massage seats on ours so an easy way to activate it on a journey.
Appreciate 2
richiro270.00
      02-26-2024, 07:41 AM   #82
HPX
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18d 2023

Garage List
I was very keen to press the option for software update one day way back in November 2023. Little did I know what a bad idea that was. Everything seemed well at first. After the system rebooted and confirmed sucessful update of software the Engine managment light came on and stayed on. Tried resetting the Idrive few times, didnt help. So I went for a drive around the block and that seemed to cure the issue. I never imagined that the following day the other problems will start. The display was freezing from that day onwards. Icons non responsive and every icon was taking forever to load. Sometimes didnt load at all.
One day while driving on motorway from the airport I have noticed strange things. Reading lights above my head were turning on and off randomly. Navigation and Alexa talking at the same time. I thought I was going mad and the car was crazy. I had to pull over to manually stop Navigation as voice command was not responding.
As previously mentioned by few of you that the icons/app and fonts have gone smaller with this new update. Not a good idea at all.

After this crazy stunt of my car on motorway I contacted BMW.
Asking them to revert the software to previous version as the original factory one was perfect and not glitching.
They took the car in for a repair and gave it back the same day saying they sorted it out. When I asked what did they do, I was told they performed a reset (possibly Idrive reset) and said it should be fine now.
On my way home from service the car was doing exactly the same things as before.
Reading lights kept coming on and then off. 16 times onthe way home. trying to turn them off while driving is a nightmare.
Soooo, this had been my experience with the software update.
Car is going back for a repair tomorrow.
I will update this post soon.

Update:
Bmw has removed the software and re-installed it. Seems to be much better now. Still not as good as when I purchased the car with factory software installed.
The only problem which remains now is the reading lights coming on while I am driving. Some days they will only turn on frw times per journey and some days it drives me mad as they will be turning on and off constantly.
Worst time is in the evening or late at night as it can be very disturbing.
I am still waiting for dealership to get back to me regarding this. They have no idea what to do about it. There are no fault codes relating to this issue. So it is a software bug.
Hope this helps someone to not to make the same mistake as I did and install this software version as it is full of glitches.
The dealership told me that they are getting more and more cars with this problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 02:46 AM   #83
Tomduck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 X1 18d Msport

I still haven’t updated software since I had the car in June. When months back the option to uodate became available I decided to resist, none of the updates would have any impact on me and as the car is working without issues at the moment and is a joy to own, I feel the jeopardy could be high!
Appreciate 1
donnus20.50