BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) X1 M35i - wheel gap?

01-18-2024, 11:29 AM   #45
LindrelT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 '02, 1988 325is, 2020 X3

The SUV "look" still seems to be bugging some folks... at release I did a Photoshop of 21" wheel and lowering. Here it is again... at some point suspension parts may be available to get the look. Until then just enjoy driving it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 08:35 AM   #46
jjl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirmaher View Post
You can do almost whatever you want while you have the car as long as it’s reversible and removed before turning the car back in.

You can sell the springs on when you return the lease and make some money back as well.
I live in NYC and park in a commercial parking garage. I'd have to do this work with my bare hands in the middle of the street, and then store the OEM parts in my living room during the life of the lease. Not ideal.
'18 X3 M40i Carbon Black/Cognac
'15 X5 xDrive 30i M Sport Space Gray/Mocha
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 04:13 PM   #47
spmcewen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiro View Post
share a link! that's fantastic!
I keep my transponder in the impossible to reach cubby between the front seats. Works perfectly fine from there. In fact I haven't had it attached to my front window of any car for probably 15 or so years. And around here if the transponder doesn't work I'm pretty sure they just look you up by plate and match you to the account.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 09:39 AM   #48
X1-CT
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilverX1 View Post
the target customers may explain this... at least at my BMW dealer, most of the X1 and X3 buyers in my area are over 60 and female. strangely, the second biggest group of X1 buyers are 20-something "kids"(again, slight majority are female) who work at the tech companies around here. (that info was passed to me by my BMW salesman)

of course, I don't think that's what BMW intended... but real sales figures don't lie, do they? like the old Porsche 928 which ended up being the most popular car for dentists and doctors around here.
If you are compiling statistics of X1 owners it sounds like I don’t fit the demo.
40 something male. Very outdoorsy. Only drove wagons before this. Hahah.

But then again. My interests do tend to align with 60yr old women so… I guess if the shoe fits.
Appreciate 0