BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) High-voltage and drivetrain errors iX1 plus BMW Roadside Assistance

04-30-2024, 06:53 AM   #1
Kosymodo
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX1 xDrive30 M Sport

High-voltage and drivetrain errors iX1 plus BMW Roadside Assistance

My car had a bit of a blip a couple of days ago, just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same...

I went on a roadtrip on Sunday, which required me to charge en-route. I stopped off at a Tesla Supercharger, plugged in and left the car to go grab some food. About 10 mins later, I got notified via the My BMW app that the high-voltage system of my vehicle was malfunctioning, followed by another alert that the drivetrain of my vehicle needed to be checked. All very strange! However, I thought nothing much of it...

Within 5 mins of the app alerts, my mobile started ringing, and it was BMW Roadside Assistance stating that they'd been alerted that the car was throwing up errors, and asking whether I needed recovery. Since I was actually eating at that point, I said that yeah I'd seen the alerts in the app, but wasn't aware of any issues and the car was on charge. We agreed I'd check the in-car messages when I returned to it.

Got back to the car 30 mins or so later, and no errors shown on the info screen

Started driving, and received a call on my mobile (obviously through CarPlay) a few mins later, agan from BMW Roadside Assistance, saying they could see the car was now being driven, and whether any issues. I said nothing to report, so they said it must have resolved itself, keep an eye on it, and don't drive >50mph if either of the errors displayed.

Since then, touch wood, no errors at all, and car is driving perfectly as normal...

No idea what caused the errors, not sure whether it's worth booking in for a check-up. Maybe it was something triggered by the charger, who knows!

Hats off to BMW Roadside Assistance though, what an amazing service! Does feel a bit Orwellian that the car is being remotely monitored, but more than happy to have things that way and know that help is available even before I know help is required!
Appreciate 1
MMandov16.50
      04-30-2024, 09:27 AM   #2
Petroleum
Private
Rep
Drives: German

that's cool! I sure hope BMW roadside assistance in the US is that nice if I ever need to call them.

speaking of high voltage. I got the fright of my life 3 weeks ago when I was sitting in my car on the top of the parking garage, which was the 5th floor. It was pouring rain in the middle of a storm. Just 10 seconds before I was about to open the door to get out, lightning struck the lightning rod on top of the garage building... less than 15 feet from me!!! I literally felt the heat and the shock. Talk about HIGH voltage. Fortunately the car was fine and my hair didn't all stand up like in a cartoon.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 09:41 AM   #3
Kosymodo
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX1 xDrive30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petroleum View Post
that's cool! I sure hope BMW roadside assistance in the US is that nice if I ever need to call them.

speaking of high voltage. I got the fright of my life 3 weeks ago when I was sitting in my car on the top of the parking garage, which was the 5th floor. It was pouring rain in the middle of a storm. Just 10 seconds before I was about to open the door to get out, lightning struck the lightning rod on top of the garage building... less than 15 feet from me!!! I literally felt the heat and the shock. Talk about HIGH voltage. Fortunately the car was fine and my hair didn't all stand up like in a cartoon.
Wowzers!
Appreciate 0