BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) RECORDING MANEUVER / CARPLAY Issues

04-19-2024, 09:54 AM   #1
Blzd
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 2024

RECORDING MANEUVER / CARPLAY Issues

Live in Canada with a Brand New 2024 X1. I sent the following email.

Car Software:

Version: 11/2023.73

iPhone 15 Max software (17.4.1)

RECORDING MANEUVER function does not display when I Press the Park Assist key on the centre console. When I first received the new BMW the car was able to complete this task. I followed the instructions as per the BMW Manual / App. When I received a software update this function disappeared.

Apple CarPlay cuts out every few minutes while playing Apple Music. Note: I am in an area with good cell coverage. It seams to be a software issue.

They had me try:

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

"MENU"
"All apps"
"System settings"
"Update apps and services"
"Search for updates"
Follow the instructions on the Control Display.

My car does not have Update Apps and Services in the System Settings. It has Remote Software Upgrade.

They replied:

If the Update Apps and Services option is missing on your menu, please bring your vehicle to your preferred BMW centre for further investigation. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I asked if the Update Apps and Services is now under Connecteddrive Store / Managed now and not System Settings.

There response was:

We do not have that information yet for the ID9 system.

I guess I will need the dealership to help me with this problem. Has anybody had the Record Maneuvering issue? I read lots about the CarPlay dropping out issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 04:37 PM   #2
Zach12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 30e xLine

By ‘recording manoeuvre”, do you mean the ability for the car to reverse out the last 50 metres before you stopped?

I’ve never had it display such a message but it does still record the path, i.e. from startup when I select reverse the option to “start reversing assistant” appears and functions as advertised.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 05:57 PM   #3
Blzd
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 2024

My Automatic Parking Assistant Works fine. It will do you what you said. My car will also parallel park, perpendicular park and complete driving out maneuvers. It will not display “Record New Path”. (See picture)

RECORDING MANEUVER

Up to ten maneuvers can be recorded at different locations and saved with names.

For each maneuver, a maximum distance covered of 656 ft/200 m is possible.

To use it you:

Press the Parking Button on the centre console and
click 'Record New Path'; the system then records the driving path.

You can Save the driving maneuver, and the next time you reach the Recorded Path, the system automatically suggests to Start The Maneuver.

You just have to Press “Start” to begin.

Good for backing into the garage, condo parking spot or long driveway.

When I first got the car it would display “Record New Path” when I pushed the Parking Button. It would display this while it was searching for parking spots to Automatically Park in.

Now it is gone after I completed a Remote Software Update. 11/2023.73.
Attached Images

Last edited by Blzd; 04-22-2024 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 12:04 PM   #4
Zach12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 30e xLine

Mmm. That’s a feature of parking assistance professional, the same thing that theoretically let you park remotely.

There have been discussions before, that entire system isn’t supposed to be available for the X1, despite some cars having most of the hardware required.

I’d seen it in one of my videos linked to my vin but it got deleted.

The fact that you actually had it on an X1 is intriguing.

I hope you might be able to get bmw to put it back…

Last edited by Zach12; 04-24-2024 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0