BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Cruise Control with Auto Braking-Driving Assistant Plus

01-25-2024, 03:24 PM   #1
markronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X1 28i

Garage List
2024 BMW X1 28i  [0.00]
Cruise Control with Auto Braking-Driving Assistant Plus

I picked up my 2024 X1 28i just before new years. It has the premium package & the standard cruise control (it believe is called Dynamic) when I picked up the SAV the Genius who went over it with me activated 3 months of the subscription based cruise control I thought he mentioned would provide me with features if the more expensive cruise control. BTW when pressing the “mode” button on left side of steering wheel, it does not change CC from standard.

Although the standard CC works as expected I’ve not been able to get it to work in the manner he told me it should until late March.

Any suggestions?
Am I not activating it correctly?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 10:49 AM   #2
jihong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi

I would make sure you have the correct subscription activated. If you go to your app or your online account, it should show “driving assistant plus”. If you have this, it should automatically be in adaptive cruise control when the cc button is pressed. Pressing the mode button should turn on/off the lane keeping. I’ve also had issues where I purchased a subscription but it hadn’t been sent to my vehicle. I had to call bmw customer service who did “something” that got it working.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2024, 12:23 PM   #3
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

Quote:
Originally Posted by markronnie View Post
I picked up my 2024 X1 28i just before new years. It has the premium package & the standard cruise control (it believe is called Dynamic) when I picked up the SAV the Genius who went over it with me activated 3 months of the subscription based cruise control I thought he mentioned would provide me with features if the more expensive cruise control. BTW when pressing the “mode” button on left side of steering wheel, it does not change CC from standard.

Although the standard CC works as expected I’ve not been able to get it to work in the manner he told me it should until late March.

Any suggestions?
Am I not activating it correctly?

same thing happened to me when I started that 3-month free trial. It took almost a week before it was fully activated. I had to make 2 lengthy phone calls to BMW's 800 number before they was able to resolve it.

if it's active, you should see assisted driving activated when you press the mode or cruise button.

when you go into ConnectedDrive Store on the car's menu, does it say "activated" or "activating" under cruise control subscription? if it still shows "activating" after a few days, you will probably have to call BMW to get it resolved. 844-443-6487 They had me do the hard reset a couple of times. When that didn't work, they escalated it. Two days later, it was resolved.

Last edited by SpaceSilver.X1; 01-31-2024 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0