BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) BMW X1 xDrive25e (2024) Fuel/Battery Consumption

08-27-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
Ignake
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive25e 2024

BMW X1 xDrive25e (2024) Fuel/Battery Consumption

Hi there!

I recently got my new company car (BMW X1 xDrive25e), without any explanation or info of the fleet services. Pretty new to driving (PH)EV, so not too familiar with anything..

I noticed that there are 3 main drive modes: Personnal, Sport and Efficient. When riding in Personnal or Efficient, the car seems to be going for full electric power, with little to no fuel consumption. Putting the car in Sport-mode is the only way I can get it to ride on fuel-only.

Is there something I'm missing? I've turned of the setting where it maximizes the battery usage, but it does not seem to help too much in order to get the car consuming fuel only.

Can anybody give me some more intel in those driving modes, or mainly: how can I make the care use fuel only, without it being in sport-mode (find it too snappy) or the battery being completely dead. Thanks in advance!

PS: I could not find anything online that explained it thoroughly, so had to put up my first thread on the Bimmerpost
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2024, 10:56 AM   #2
Tunners
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

Have you tried using the Maintain Battery function? This will use the fuel rather than the HV Battery. I have created a short cut to allow easy access to it. I am on idrive 8 so I don’t know if you can create a shortcut on idrive 9.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 05:29 AM   #3
Posseidox
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 XDrive25e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunners View Post
Have you tried using the Maintain Battery function? This will use the fuel rather than the HV Battery. I have created a short cut to allow easy access to it. I am on idrive 8 so I don’t know if you can create a shortcut on idrive 9.
Bummer, iDrive 9 doesn't seem to let you do this. I've given it a shot before, but couldn't figure it out. (Maybe I'm just not seeing something obvious)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 06:33 AM   #4
Tunners
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (U11) 30e M Sport

Have you had a look at the manual? Or tried the voice activation to see if this works

From my manual.
Name:  IMG_0120.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  299.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 06:52 AM   #5
Posseidox
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 XDrive25e

Quote:
Have you had a look at the manual? Or tried the voice activation to see if this works

From my manual.
Attachment 3538437
Yes, I have, pressing and holding it doesn't seem to bring up any menus or ways to add it to the shortcuts. It's also only about two taps away using the button in the center console so it's not too hidden luckily.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 09:51 AM   #6
Lantirn
Private
Rep
Drives: E87 conv, F20, U11 25e

Quote:
At least in iDrive9, maintain battery charge mode will do exactly that. Maintain battery state. Which means usually some distance driven in electric only and when the battery discharge a bit, ICE kicks in to charge HV battery.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 08:53 AM   #7
CarlitosWay359
Product Genius
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 530d xDrive

There are two ways to run on fuel on the U11 PHEV. Sport mode, but if you floor it, the battery will also be activated. Or you can use the Maintain battery function, which can be found in the Driving settings menu on the iDrive 9 operating system.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 11:12 AM   #8
silviang
Rep
Drives: BMW future

Hello, I have an additional clarification/question - if the car is in Maintain battery at a certain percentage and it reached that percentage, does it mean that the battery is not used at all for any sudden acceleration (to help the gas engine)?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2024, 02:17 AM   #9
CarlitosWay359
Product Genius
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 530d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviang View Post
Hello, I have an additional clarification/question - if the car is in Maintain battery at a certain percentage and it reached that percentage, does it mean that the battery is not used at all for any sudden acceleration (to help the gas engine)?

Thank you!
The car has a reserve for cases of sudden acceleration and the battery will always help the ICE in such scenarios. Even if you're at 0 km range, the battery will be able to assist the engine in case of sudden hard acceleration.

Battery hold function just saves (or adds) electric range for later on by making your car not combine the two drives while driving.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2024, 12:47 PM   #10
silviang
Rep
Drives: BMW future

Thank you for the clarification!
Appreciate 0