BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) "Update apps and services" menu option

05-03-2024, 02:37 PM   #1
DarkHelmet
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 M35i

Question "Update apps and services" menu option

Fellow iDrive 9 owners (especially those with an X1) - perhaps you can help me quickly. I've run into a few issues with the iDrive 9 and BMW ID / profiles system (mostly resolved), but BMW Assist Support is insisting that there is still a provisioning error showing on their backend system (although they refuse to provide me any further details). They are adamant that I need to go into System Settings on my X1 M35i, and then select "Update apps and services", except I don't have that menu option.

I'm wondering if perhaps they are working off a manual or script that is for the ID 8 or older systems, but since I only have my X1, I can't definitively prove this (vs. this being an issue with my actual car / ID9 system). If anyone who has iDrive 9 (preferably in an X1) can check to see if they have the "Update apps and services" option under "System Settings" and post here to let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 03:26 PM   #2
Joaste
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive30e

It is under the connected drive app.

Go to manage (on the left), then you should see the option to turn on automatic updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 03:29 PM   #3
DarkHelmet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaste View Post
It is under the connected drive app.

Go to manage (on the left), then you should see the option to turn on automatic updates.
Ok, I will check - thanks! But you don't see the "Update apps and services" menu option under "System Settings", right? Since this is what BMW Assist Support repeated to me multiple times, so I want to confirm that I'm not the only one that doesn't have this option.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 02:52 PM   #4
jsmythe32
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

DarkHelmet Did you get a resolution to the "provisioning error"? I was told the same thing for my 2024 X1 because Driving Assistant Plus is not working.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 03:18 PM   #5
DarkHelmet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmythe32 View Post
DarkHelmet Did you get a resolution to the "provisioning error"? I was told the same thing for my 2024 X1 because Driving Assistant Plus is not working.
I think Joaste was on to something in his previous response about where to locate the proper "update" setting. I've spoken to a service manager and he advised that the "Update apps and services" menu option is not valid for iDrive 9 (despite BMW Assist Support being adamant about it), and instead the best thing to try is:
- select the apps button (looks like 4 little squares)
- select connected drive store
- select apps on top
- select manage on the left
- select the refresh circle icon on top to check for updates
- Select the download button
- Once the update is complete, please lock the car and let it sit for an hour outside
(the above are the steps the service manager provided to me and I haven't tried them yet in my 2024 X1).

Hope this helps though!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 04:13 PM   #6
Joaste
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
I think Joaste was on to something in his previous response about where to locate the proper "update" setting. I've spoken to a service manager and he advised that the "Update apps and services" menu option is not valid for iDrive 9 (despite BMW Assist Support being adamant about it), and instead the best thing to try is:
- select the apps button (looks like 4 little squares)
- select connected drive store
- select apps on top
- select manage on the left
- select the refresh circle icon on top to check for updates
- Select the download button
- Once the update is complete, please lock the car and let it sit for an hour outside
(the above are the steps the service manager provided to me and I haven't tried them yet in my 2024 X1).

Hope this helps though!
Indeed, as I wrote, it is under the connected drive app, not under system settings.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 04:17 PM   #7
jsmythe32
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I was on a call with BMW Genius and they had me update all my apps in the "connected drive store" but I still don't see an option to enable "Driving Assistant Plus".
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 04:29 PM   #8
Blzd
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 2024

I had an issue with my 2024 X1 ID9 (RECORDING MANEUVER function does not display when I Press the Park Assist key on the center console).

This is what I got back from BMW Assist Customer Care:

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

"MENU"
"All apps"
"System settings"
"Update apps and services"
"Search for updates"
Follow the instructions on the Control Display.

After telling them “Update Apps and Services” is not under that menu with my ID9 they replied with:

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

We do not have that information yet for the ID9 system.

Sincerely,

BMW ConnectedDrive Canada

Crazy they cannot help ID9 customers. I still do not have the RECORDING MANEUVER function. When I first received the X1 I was able to complete this task till I got a new software update.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 10:05 PM   #9
DarkHelmet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzd View Post
I had an issue with my 2024 X1 ID9 (RECORDING MANEUVER function does not display when I Press the Park Assist key on the center console).

This is what I got back from BMW Assist Customer Care:

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

"MENU"
"All apps"
"System settings"
"Update apps and services"
"Search for updates"
Follow the instructions on the Control Display.

After telling them “Update Apps and Services” is not under that menu with my ID9 they replied with:

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

We do not have that information yet for the ID9 system.

Sincerely,

BMW ConnectedDrive Canada

Crazy they cannot help ID9 customers. I still do not have the RECORDING MANEUVER function. When I first received the X1 I was able to complete this task till I got a new software update.
I was honestly expecting better from BMW Support. This is exactly the same thing that happened to me (among other issues I've had with them thus far). I'm a brand new first-time BMW owner and went for the M35i, and now am spinning my wheels (pun intended, haha) because their support is just as abysmal as others.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 01:16 AM   #10
Joaste
Rep

I think that the RECORDING MANEUVER function is not available on the X1...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 09:30 AM   #11
MMandov
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX1 eDrive20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaste View Post
I think that the RECORDING MANEUVER function is not available on the X1...
It is described in paper and app guides (probably a future update), but is definitely not present currently.
Same with remote parking.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 07:45 AM   #12
darkchocolattemocha
Rep
Drives: ‘19 330xi|’20 X3 M40i|’22 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
Fellow iDrive 9 owners (especially those with an X1) - perhaps you can help me quickly. I've run into a few issues with the iDrive 9 and BMW ID / profiles system (mostly resolved), but BMW Assist Support is insisting that there is still a provisioning error showing on their backend system (although they refuse to provide me any further details). They are adamant that I need to go into System Settings on my X1 M35i, and then select "Update apps and services", except I don't have that menu option.

I'm wondering if perhaps they are working off a manual or script that is for the ID 8 or older systems, but since I only have my X1, I can't definitively prove this (vs. this being an issue with my actual car / ID9 system). If anyone who has iDrive 9 (preferably in an X1) can check to see if they have the "Update apps and services" option under "System Settings" and post here to let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You could have saved yourself a lot of time by simply reading the online owners manual. I guess no one likes to read these days
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 07:48 AM   #13
darkchocolattemocha
Rep
Drives: ‘19 330xi|’20 X3 M40i|’22 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMandov View Post
It is described in paper and app guides (probably a future update), but is definitely not present currently.
Same with remote parking.
Afaik, you need the newest software version for park assistant pro functions
Appreciate 0