E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Mishimoto intercooler installed

07-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Mishimoto intercooler installed

Logs now added a few post down

In the mean time a few pics and rambling. There a few reasons I chose it: positive reviews, ease of install, published company testing/development, availability to name a few. I don't care if its not the biggest, best performing intercooler on the market. I don't particularly like working on my car and I don't particularly like paying for labor so with that dilemma I carried my azz outside. Not fun! Don't like BMWs jack points/pads. Don't like BMWs zillion bolt belly pan. Mounting a weighty intercooler solo is not necessarily enjoyable either but I got it done. Spent more time on belly pan bolts than anything else. Purchased from Jeff at Top Gear Solutions. Ordered on Monday night, he shipped Tuesday morning and by Wednesday night it was in my car! On top of that he had the best price anywhere by far. On to pics (no pics installed because its not really noticeable behind the factory grill).

few comparison shots

and although overall quality is good its not perfect. close up of the paint job is just plain shitty!

and although well packed a few fins on the backside were bent. This had to be done before packing at Mishimoto because there is no way this could happen inside the box the way its packed inside foam. Might be nitpicking but I want to bend my own fins thank you

Quick whore of car

Already have a zillion before logs including earlier today so I'll make some after logs as time allows. Hopefully tomorrow after work. My only other mods are drop in K&N filter and ever changing e30 tune derived from Vishnu OTS (as of now basically timing peak at 12ish like stage one but some actual timing in the low/midrange not too dissimilar from a midly toned down OTS E40 or a Wedge tune and more e30 appropriate A/F ratio targets. Boost taper stage 1ish).

Last edited by stanlalee; 07-18-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 AW/CR e92 6mt 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Grats on the DIY, can't wait for some datalogs
      07-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Logs added

two separate pulls (stitched not one after the other) with Mishimoto intercooler
http://datazap.me/u/stanlalee/logs-m...nd-v4-e30-tune

two logs two days earlier with stock intercooler.
http://datazap.me/u/stanlalee/july-2...e30-tune-log-2

http://datazap.me/u/stanlalee/july-2...e30-tune-log-1

Its Celsius so to keep from pulling out calculators it was 80F on Mishimoto pulls, 75F stock intercooler pulls. Stock intercooler rise was a consistent 38 deg F by 6800rpm. Mishimoto rise was a consistent 16 deg F at 6800. Basically the Mishimoto showed a consistent 20F improvement over stock. Also consider many of the logs posted here are auto's and/or only go to 6500ish rpm in which case the rise is about 12 deg instead of 16 deg.
Not sure about the butt dyno because its felt fast ever since running this make shift E35 tune. Only change in tune from the runs are minor wastegate settings (for the worse IMO).
Appreciate 0