E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Performance Center Delivery Questions on Procedure

06-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Performance Center Delivery Questions on Procedure

Hi all:

Just got the production number and Vehicle Inquiry Report for my wife's 06 330i. She intends to take delivery at the Spartanburg, SC complex.

Our salesman, who is otherwise fantastic, is relatively new -- and has never run a deal with a Performance Center Delivery. He's learning as he goes.

I just noticed on her Vehicle Inquiry Report that there is an entry that says "NYCPOA", which I assume means New York Port of Arrival. I'd actually have thought the port of arrival would have been Charleston for a Performance Center Delivery.

My questions to those who have gone down this road: Is there anything special about the Performance Center Delivery that should be appearing on the Vehicle Inquiry Report? At what point does the salesperson begin making these arrangements, i.e. at initial order, before production starts, after production is complete, etc.? Should the Customer be doing anything? I called BMWNA, but they just direct me back to the dealer, and I certainly don't want to offend my salesman by asking alot of questions or doubting his competency. On the other hand, I don't want to find out down the road that the Spartansburg delivery is a no-go because of an error in the process.

Anybody know about these things?

Thanks
Kimo
Appreciate 0