E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > A few problems with my 335i. PLEASE HELP!!

07-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
Goat92
Private
Rep
Drives: 18' 530i G30

A few problems with my 335i. PLEASE HELP!!

Problem #1: Screachy sound coming from my wheels when driving slow. like around 5-10mph This didn't happen when i had my other set of wheels on. But after i changed back to my stock oem wheels, i keep hearing this annoying screachy sound. i think the sound is coming from my rear wheels but i'm not 100% sure.

Problem #2: Whenever i go through a speed bump, dip, or any type of bumpy road which makes my car move up and down, i hear this air/spring noise coming from the wheel area. Someone told me it had to do with my whey bar? but once again, i'm not 100% sure.

If anyone can help me resolve these issues with my car, i would greatly appreciate it. I bought my bmw earlier this year, and before that i didn't know too much about cars. So i'm kind of new to all this car stuff. Please help a newby out :P
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Whey bar is likely the sway bar.

Maybe snap some pictures of each wheel in detail.

If you only swapped wheels it could just be your brake rotor shield rubbing on the rotor, see if that is making contact. It's a metal shield towards the inside of the wheel well that protects the brake rotors from debris.

This is a really broad problem but the best thing for you to do is just look around for anything that can potentially make contact in all the wheel wells.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Pr335bob
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black on black e92

If your hear like a air sound when going through speed bumps that's just your shocks working . If it's like a small air hiss soind don't worry about it. If you can only hear it on uneven pavement when going slow your good. The BMW brakes have been known to have that screeching sound at low mphs. Best bet is to watch the diy on brake pad replacement. Put cnc brake noise reducer I forgot what it's called but it is a orange bottle. My problem was in the rear but I waited for my breaks to need a change. BMW put new rotors and brakes under warranty and the problem persisted. As soon as I needed new brakes I put on some of that brake quieting paste better than new.

Or like Jeff said just check around look before doing anything sometimes looking saves u a trip to a shop, or time.
And people here will always chime in and try to help good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
Goat92
Private
Rep
Drives: 18' 530i G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr335bob View Post
If your hear like a air sound when going through speed bumps that's just your shocks working . If it's like a small air hiss soind don't worry about it. If you can only hear it on uneven pavement when going slow your good. The BMW brakes have been known to have that screeching sound at low mphs. Best bet is to watch the diy on brake pad replacement. Put cnc brake noise reducer I forgot what it's called but it is a orange bottle. My problem was in the rear but I waited for my breaks to need a change. BMW put new rotors and brakes under warranty and the problem persisted. As soon as I needed new brakes I put on some of that brake quieting paste better than new.

Or like Jeff said just check around look before doing anything sometimes looking saves u a trip to a shop, or time.
And people here will always chime in and try to help good luck.
Do you happen to know where i can purchase the cnc brake noise reducer? also, where do i apply it? can i take it to a tire shop and ask them to apply it for me? i don't have any of the equipment to remove my tires.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #5
Miller335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat92 View Post
Do you happen to know where i can purchase the cnc brake noise reducer? also, where do i apply it? can i take it to a tire shop and ask them to apply it for me? i don't have any of the equipment to remove my tires.
Napa is where I buy it.

To put it on correctly you have to pull your pads out, much more then just taking wheels off.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
Pr335bob
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black on black e92

Yeah there is a diy. On it that even shoes u the cnc product. But if you can't diy get a mechanic to do it for u. Obviously changebyour brakes if there due. He shouldn't mind it'll take him a min tops if he's doing the brakes already. I would wait till my car needed brakes.
U can find it at any auto zone pep boys etc.
Appreciate 0