E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Any house i can rent for a night in bay area? Weird request lol .

08-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #1
e90sood
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i

Any house i can rent for a night in bay area? Weird request lol .

My boy is turning 21 we are looking to rent a house for a night around the bay area! Its a little more difficult then we expected haha any suggestions? And we have tried airbnb and vrbo! Needs to be a big home lol!Thanks for ur help
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
AlanH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

Garage List
Depending on your budget, I'd try to get a Residence Inn penthouse suite but it may have a 2 night minimum. Fits 30 people pretty good, just gotta watch out for noise complaints.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 04:01 AM   #3
mikex25
Major
Rep
Drives: Grey thing

I don't think anyone's gonna let you rent their home so you can party it up there. But you could try Craigslist
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
1chanc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex25 View Post
I don't think anyone's gonna let you rent their home so you can party it up there. But you could try Craigslist
Same thought crossed my mind lol.

You're basically asking for someone to let you party in their house.

If you get a house, be prepared to pay a looot, especially if you told them you're throwing a party lol.
      08-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / X6M

Can i come? Love college-aged parties. Any girls? Booze?

Even tho i'm much older, i wont be weird. I'll wear a Hawaiian shirt to fit in.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

MOTEL 6
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Duntz duntz duntz duntz
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335

Lmao!!! I'll wear sandals with socks.
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #9
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chanc3 View Post
Same thought crossed my mind lol.

You're basically asking for someone to let you party in their house.

If you get a house, be prepared to pay a looot, especially if you told them you're throwing a party lol.
Yep,

OP would be way better off reserving a club/bar all to themselves.

Renting a house for a weekend to use and abuse like a TJ hooker is gonna require one big fat security deposit.

What is your budget like?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #10
9 amini
BMW Love
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #11
ColeD707
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14' M6 GC

this is the weirdest thread i've ever come across. bunch of weirdos on here
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #12
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe TIAG

OP's asking for something that's quite common and nothing unusual about it. Seems like he's not having too much luck getting advice from all of you old farts (no pun intended lol) on how get a place to party for a night.

1) OP, you definitely can get a house for a day to party. Look on craigslist, backpage, and such. Ask your son to ask his friends. If your son parties or knows someone who parties a lot, I'm sure someone gotto know a house or two. You can also look at foreclosed homes. Back when I used to throw parties, I never had a problem finding a house to party. I usually spend anywhere between $150-300 (where you live may vary). And when party's over, hire a maid to clean the whole house for $100, throw in another $20 tip. Sometimes you dont always have to be so damn honest, don't go out and tell people that you're throwing a 21st birthday for your son. That doesn't mean that you have to lie, just tell them you're having a get together for your son's birthday and assure the owner that you will hire a maid to clean up the house. Obviously make sure you get a house that is not furnished with expensive stuff, the least furnish the better.

2) if your son is really popular and is expecting over 100 people. I suggest you finding a warehouse instead. In my area, I can lease a decent sized warehouse for around $500 a night that would fit over 300 ppl easily.

Either of those options will be significantly less expensive than some of the suggestions above like reserving hotel, club, bar, or motel. Not to mention that these venues will have a lot of restrictions. Trust me, you will end up wasting more money and your son will not have fun at all. House and warehouse are much cheaper alternatives, and your son will have more freedom partying too. if you're concerned for your son or his friends' safety, you can use the money saved to pay for UBER or other cab services to take the drunks home.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #13
AnthonyT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek View Post
OP's asking for something that's quite common and nothing unusual about it. Seems like he's not having too much luck getting advice from all of you old farts (no pun intended lol) on how get a place to party for a night.

1) OP, you definitely can get a house for a day to party. Look on craigslist, backpage, and such. Ask your son to ask his friends. If your son parties or knows someone who parties a lot, I'm sure someone gotto know a house or two. You can also look at foreclosed homes. Back when I used to throw parties, I never had a problem finding a house to party. I usually spend anywhere between $150-300 (where you live may vary). And when party's over, hire a maid to clean the whole house for $100, throw in another $20 tip. Sometimes you dont always have to be so damn honest, don't go out and tell people that you're throwing a 21st birthday for your son. That doesn't mean that you have to lie, just tell them you're having a get together for your son's birthday and assure the owner that you will hire a maid to clean up the house. Obviously make sure you get a house that is not furnished with expensive stuff, the least furnish the better.

2) if your son is really popular and is expecting over 100 people. I suggest you finding a warehouse instead. In my area, I can lease a decent sized warehouse for around $500 a night that would fit over 300 ppl easily.

Either of those options will be significantly less expensive than some of the suggestions above like reserving hotel, club, bar, or motel. Not to mention that these venues will have a lot of restrictions. Trust me, you will end up wasting more money and your son will not have fun at all. House and warehouse are much cheaper alternatives, and your son will have more freedom partying too. if you're concerned for your son or his friends' safety, you can use the money saved to pay for UBER or other cab services to take the drunks home.

Pretty sure he is referring to one of his friends and not his son. "My boy" is young person talk for "my close friend". OP is probably 21-23 years old.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:28 AM   #14
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyT View Post
Pretty sure he is referring to one of his friends and not his son. "My boy" is young person talk for "my close friend". OP is probably 21-23 years old.
lol thanks for that clarification. i skimmed through the whole thread too quickly
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 12:49 AM   #15
hellafast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: black 335i coupe

I was in the same boat in june. I just ended up giving up and we went out to downtown san jose and went bar hoping. One of my boys rented out a house in Santa Cruz for 2 days for his birthday he said it was 300 a night 2 night minimum.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 01:24 AM   #16
Vee2k
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 LCI

have you tried www.homeaway.com?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 01:51 AM   #17
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim07e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335

Lmao!!! I'll wear sandals with socks.
Dont forget cachi beige shorts, i hear college chicks dig dudes in those. Pair them up with sandals and socks and u'll be fighting them off with a newspaper!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 01:53 AM   #18
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek

You can never have the 2 hours it took u to type all this back. Ever.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 01:55 AM   #19
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek

Also, it's pretty funny and ironic that u called us all "old farts" and then we had to explain to you what "my boy" means in this era in time hahaha

Thanks for the laughs gramps
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:43 AM   #20
e90sood
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i

Lmao at these responces !! Thanks for the help everyone
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #21
eNinety650
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Also, it's pretty funny and ironic that u called us all "old farts" and then we had to explain to you what "my boy" means in this era in time hahaha

Came in to say this.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #22
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

dont be offended, like i said no pun intended. And that's what happen when I skim too quickly. I actually call my male buddies "my boys" too.
Appreciate 0