E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sidewall puncture/rip vandalism?

12-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
westchester335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sour Diesel and Haze

Sidewall puncture/rip vandalism?

Strange issue. My car was parked in a not so good area today at a plaza and when I came back I noticed my rear tire was flat. The rim cracked before so I figured with the horrible roads I cracked it again so I have a spare tire kit in my car. However it wouldn't fill up with air which I thought was weird then I realized a small rip/puncture was letting out a huge amount of air. It was on the sidewall and looks nearly identical to this http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/tire-jpg.185030/

My buddies think this was an act of vandalism. What do you guys think? Sad to see someone could be capable to do something like this. What goes through peoples minds? I do have a dashcam but I guess I should hardwire it now.

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
mike3000fl
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

normal sidewall damage is from hitting a pothole or curb too fast, and the sidewall squishes in half and folds, and rim itself ends up bottoming out against the pothole or curb, tearing a hole in the sidewall.

anything other than that is going to be vandalism. you don't just get punctures in your sidewalls.

the easiest way to tell which one, is to look at your car and see if it was double parked or over the line, and also check to see if you have any douche type stickers like the tapout shit, or anything political, some people get offended easy and cut tires when they see things like this.
Appreciate 0