E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Has anyone used these products ?? AKG

01-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
johny
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Has anyone used these products ?? AKG

I usually see people using uuc but what about this company looks like quality stuff ..

http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog...e9x%20Shifters
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
Island Road
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
I usually see people using uuc but what about this company looks like quality stuff ..

I am glad you brought this up. I was speaking with a friend about their products over the weekend but could not find any e9x reviews. Considering the CAE shifter is out of my price range I was looking at the AKG Shifter. The reviews from the e36 are all great and everybody loves them.

I know this is mostly a aesthetics based forum "Shallow Bastards" but I am looking for function or form here and would be great on the track. Lets not get all caught up in the I would never put that in my car case its too tall ect. Minimal time my hand is spent shifting vs actually steering the better.

AKG Shifter - With this model you can leave the Ashtray - Just does not have the reverse lockout.

CAE Shifter for compare

08 AW 6MT | MHD | Wavetrac LSD 3.46 | AE Quad | VRSF DP'S | VRSF 7" IC | DD Hood / Diffuser| Mtech Front / Rear| BMW Performance Splitters / Spoiler | Wheels 18lb 18x9 SQ | Hexon RR550 | TFT Inlets
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
johny
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post

I am glad you brought this up. I was speaking with a friend about their products over the weekend but could not find any e9x reviews. Considering the CAE shifter is out of my price range I was looking at the AKG Shifter. The reviews from the e36 are all great and everybody loves them.

I know this is mostly a aesthetics based forum "Shallow Bastards" but I am looking for function or form here and would be great on the track. Lets not get all caught up in the I would never put that in my car case its too tall ect. Minimal time my hand is spent shifting vs actually steering the better.

AKG Shifter - With this model you can leave the Ashtray - Just does not have the reverse lockout.

CAE Shifter for compare

I must agree , CAE shifters are AMAZING ! but i think it's way to intense for a daily driver .. But then again to each is own .
If you track your car ...then u should def get it .. I was thinking about getting the shifter selector road and the housing bushings set for my 335i .. I just wanted to know a little more about this company .
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #4
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
I have an AKG on my E36 track car. With any of these shifters that are mounted directly to the chassis though, you should definitely get stiffer motor / trans / diff mounts. The drivetrain will move around without solid mounts and you can miss a shift much more easily since the shifter itself is bolted to the chassis while the drivetrain is floating about.
      01-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #5
thestein1016
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

I run AKG gear in my e30 track car. Quality parts for sure.
As mentioned, once you go with a solid mount, definitely want to upgrade motor/trans mounts.
Appreciate 0