E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > I got ripped from DEALER

01-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
lyjw88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63S & X3MC

I got ripped from DEALER

okay, so here's the thread that I posted yesterday.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107776

I called my SA to pick up my car and he told me that they ran into a problem.
They said they need to get a new adaptive headlight module, and the part was not in stock so they had to overnight ship it from somewhere.
So I was told to leave my car for another day and it would cost $150 for the part alone and $500 for labor.
I called the bodyshop that fixed my car and the guy said the SA is just lying.
He said he got every part for the headlight, and told me to call the dealership and get my car back.
When I told my SA that I just want my car back, he was like 'okay then you'll just waste the labor fee, which is going to be $400 cause we took your bumper off and now we need to put everything back on'
That really pissed me off but I didn't want them to work on my car anymore, so I picked my car up and when I parked my car in my garage, I found out that a small portion of paint was stripped off on my bumper where it meets the headlight.
And I also figured that they did not change the headlight to a new one.
All the dirt that was still on it and most importantly, GP Thunder 8500K was still in the headlight.
Now I spent $400 for damaging my bumper...
I'm going back to my SA to complain about the bumper damage and tell them that I want my $400 back or at least half of it.
Do you guys think they will compensate for the damage and give my money back?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
Rimola
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dodge Viper

wow that hole keeps getting bigger and bigger...i am having diffuclty understanding why you were charged for anything. whats up with the warranty dude ? thats pretty dirty on their behalf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
lyjw88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63S & X3MC

Okay, I just went back to the dealer to complain and my SA said it's the body shop's fault that did not paint the bumper properly. That's why the paint came off so easily, what a bs. And I asked him if they really swapped the headlight to a new one as I was told the day before, and he said the new headlight was delivered but they found out that it's not the headlight that's causing the problem, so they did not put the new headlight on. wtf.
If it was the adaptive headlight module that was the problem, why didn't they find it out in the first place when they disassembled my headlight? and also, why the hell did they tell me that the whole headlight was f*cked up?
The dealer is just blaming everything on the bodyshop that worked on my car. This body shop works on many exotic cars and my friends never had any problem with their paint job. Now what next?? I really don't want to give up on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
Rimola
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dodge Viper

you got an uphill battle my friend. i've been there with other previous cars and sh*t like this is never ending. stealerships indeed !! about the paint, i dont know how fast you brought the car to the dealer, but my assumption is that it was pretty fresh and on average takes a good 2 weeks for paint to heal and dry up. i can only say stay away from that dealer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Sorry to hear about your problem man. To be honest, I don't think there's much you can do about the $400. I doubt that the dealer would refund any part of it to you.

Good luck with everything.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
35past3
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyjw88 View Post
okay, so here's the thread that I posted yesterday.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107776

Do you guys think they will compensate for the damage and give my money back?
Like I said yesterday, you are making things worse for yourself. Dispute the credit card payment or put a stop on the check. Then drive the car back to your bodyshop and have them deal with it. Call your insurance ans tell them the work was not completed and you need a rental car. Done.

Now the next post you put up better be, "My car works!!!".
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Which bodyshop and which dealer? I want to guess it's Chambers, but what do I know?
      01-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
im going through some simlar bull shit.. my head light was working since accident of october 19th. 2days after they changed my head light bulb, i get "adaptive headlight not functioning" in idrive. I took it back. They said they couldnt replace it cuz it was was from the accident.. im like what?!?! did u open it and look at it?? they couldnt really answer that and claimed yes. My head light has paint from the car that slammed into me, but the bumper got the damge, the head light just have a lil bit of scratched paint.. wtf!!! now i gotta use my insurance money to pay for it??? im gonna clean it of the head light and go to another dealer... this is bull shit...

i asked him to provide documentation to show me where and how they have determined it.. what did they do??? lmao.. they didnt even take the bumper of to take pics of the head light! they took pictures of my car!!!!!!!!!! in black and white photos!!!!!! lol

tot op it off.. this is some new SA that replaced the best SA at my location.. .. f***k! tell me why i have yet to receive the survey call since my last visit that was also hell?? does anyone have that survey number or complain line so i can file a complaint?? i forgot to post details of my prior visit... smh
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
ARA5HE90
ARA5HE90
Canada
Rep
Drives: a beast!

Garage List
2007 328XI  [0.00]
i filed a complaint when they did a diagonistic check to find out the problem of why the engine check light was on and then when they did change the internal mapping sensor a week and half later .. i got the survey call and when i complained and told them how the service assistant told me i was lying.. they took care of the situation.. but yeah .. you can call another bmw dealership and ask for the survey number. but make sure you get it an complain.. cause these guys are like cheaters.. if you touch one thing they blame it on you but if a car was made to be modified and driven .. not to be framed and stored in your garage!!!! :@

2oo7 e90 JB 328xi/// with too many mods!?!?!
check out my ride = http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246531
2oo8 e90 SSII ///M3 *the silver ghost* = http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409084
Appreciate 0