E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New stage 2 LPFP (with logs)

07-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #1
kyle335xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335Xi FBO AT

New stage 2 LPFP (with logs)

Installed my stage 2 LPFP yesterday from Steve. My old one was dropping down to like 35psi on the Cobb E30 map. Going to get an E50 tune after I have my meth kit and inlets installed sometime late august. Anyways, how do my logs look! Cobb E30 map

http://www.datazap.me/u/kyle335xi/lo...=1-2-5-9-10-12

http://www.datazap.me/u/kyle335xi/lo...2-8-9-10-12-13
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Add cyl 1 ignition angle. You have some timing corrections but without timing advance cant see how aggressive your timing is. The fuel us obviously adequate.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #3
HouseN54
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 coupe

Get rid of the outdated cobb and get your self MHD or JB4.
      07-31-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
kyle335xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335Xi FBO AT

Yeahh I've been contemplating switching over to MHD. Just need to get an android device
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
stanlalee
Major
Rep

And why would he get rid of a perfectly good Cobb? The same tuners that tune MHD tune will tune Cobb (as will a network of Cobb tuners). The Cobb logs everything necessary. He doesn't have a JB4 with backend flash updates to keep up with. Map switching is just as fast. I haven't seen any logs to suggest the base maps are better. There aren't any new table discoveries that are important to his level of tuning (or anybody beyond exploration at this point).

If you have nothing it's an easy choice(MHD). If you already have Cobb and aren't running a JB4 your doing it just because...which is okay as long as you know it. I'm going to get the MHD myself because I already have an android and it would be great to log and flash with it instead of a 14" laptop. What I ain't going to do is have spent $750 on a Cobb to sell it for $200 because sheep told me its inferior and don't know why.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
HouseN54
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee View Post
And why would he get rid of a perfectly good Cobb? The same tuners that tune MHD tune will tune Cobb (as will a network of Cobb tuners). The Cobb logs everything necessary. He doesn't have a JB4 with backend flash updates to keep up with. Map switching is just as fast. I haven't seen any logs to suggest the base maps are better. There aren't any new table discoveries that are important to his level of tuning (or anybody beyond exploration at this point).

If you have nothing it's an easy choice(MHD). If you already have Cobb and aren't running a JB4 your doing it just because...which is okay as long as you know it. I'm going to get the MHD myself because I already have an android and it would be great to log and flash with it instead of a 14" laptop. What I ain't going to do is have spent $750 on a Cobb to sell it for $200 because sheep told me its inferior and don't know why.
Map switching via cobb vs jb4 are no where near as fast. The backend flash that terry has created are definitely better than what cobb offers and are free. plus you have to pay for your cobb flash tunes or have someone send you thier file if they have the same mods and live in the same climate. the time it takes to update the jb4 flash tunes when they are released from terry that he still improves take the same time it does to flash with cobb. And say he wants to go bat shit crazy like i did and go single turbo, good luck with finding support there with cobb, jb4/mhd are your only real options.
      08-01-2015, 11:36 PM   #7
stanlalee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseN54 View Post
Map switching via cobb vs jb4 are no where near as fast. The backend flash that terry has created are definitely better than what cobb offers and are free. plus you have to pay for your cobb flash tunes or have someone send you thier file if they have the same mods and live in the same climate. the time it takes to update the jb4 flash tunes when they are released from terry that he still improves take the same time it does to flash with cobb. And say he wants to go bat shit crazy like i did and go single turbo, good luck with finding support there with cobb, jb4/mhd are your only real options.
So which part of switching from Cobb only to MHD flash only did you miss? MHD has ONE official supporter for "going wild" which is Wedge. I don't know which rock you've been under but PTF, Motiv and anybody doing big turbos have been using Cobb for flash tuning and JB4, AEM or any number of boost control methods with big turbos long before MHD and I'm not sure any of them use MHD yet though it will do the job (because all they do is flash a file, the TUNER is the X factor). COBB no longer supports the N54 in terms of development. Terry doesn't which was long before MHD because he used BT tool. TUNERS far and wide still support Cobb and at this point can do anything you can do on a MHD. That may change as I hear they are working on support for 30psi boost control so you don't have to add another contraption for boost control but right NOW if you have a Cobb and DON'T use a JB4... As I clearly said the first time... you really don't gain anything switching if you already have a Cobb.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #8
HouseN54
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee
Quote:
So which part of switching from Cobb only to MHD flash only did you miss? MHD has ONE official supporter for "going wild" which is Wedge. I don't know which rock you've been under but PTF, Motiv and anybody doing big turbos have been using Cobb for flash tuning and JB4, AEM or any number of boost control methods with big turbos long before MHD and I'm not sure any of them use MHD yet though it will do the job (because all they do is flash a file, the TUNER is the X factor). COBB no longer supports the N54 in terms of development. Terry doesn't which was long before MHD because he used BT tool. TUNERS far and wide still support Cobb and at this point can do anything you can do on a MHD. That may change as I hear they are working on support for 30psi boost control so you don't have to add another contraption for boost control but right NOW if you have a Cobb and DON'T use a JB4... As I clearly said the first time... you really don't gain anything switching if you already have a Cobb.
Not only is Cobb a waste of money but also a waste in time. 750 for a flash tuner that does NOT offer on the fly map switching or CONTINUED support in my opinion is trash. But truck on Cobb fan boy lol. For 750 you can be half way to fbo if you play your cards right.
      08-02-2015, 12:12 AM   #9
805beemer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Just off the top of my head things that mhd can do that Cobb can't.

Has ability to run 3.5 bar map sensor flash only, no jb4 required

Has ability to raise all 17 idle tables for people with aftermarket clutch and flywheel. So no more flywheel chatter.

Has ability to delete cold start

Has ability to adjust over sensitive knock sensors

Has ability to do load by gear, basically boost by gear. (only finished for IJEOS Rom so far)

Has ability to reset several different adaptations independently.

Tells you what emissions monitors are in the ready or failed position.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, oh and Jake from motiv just remote tuned a motiv 700 car using mhd and I'm sure PTF or any reputable tuner if given the choice would choose mhd.
Appreciate 2
      08-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #10
ksalih
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Quote:

+1. Finally someone who agrees. Listen to everything he said.. It's true. Starting out.. MHD is the answer. Switching after you've recently purchased a Cobb?..no. You'll hardly see a benefit from a tuning capability perspective with the OP's tune.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #11
stanlalee
Major
Rep

Just off the top of my head things that mhd can do that Cobb can't.

Has ability to run 3.5 bar map sensor flash only, no jb4 required

Means nothing to anybody on stock turbos

Has ability to raise all 17 idle tables for people with aftermarket clutch and flywheel. So no more flywheel chatter.

means nothing to almost anybody. Do you really want your N54 idling like a 2 step to prevent SMFW. If you have a SMFW you know its going to chatter. Even if it works I'm not switching so my car will be better while sitting still.

Has ability to delete cold start

Again is this really anything someone cares about when considering switching from something you already have that's working? Another feature that is not important while actually driving

Has ability to adjust over sensitive knock sensors

and this has not even been discussed for use for anybody not pushing over 600whp with single turbo. Most advise not to tamper with period

Has ability to do load by gear, basically boost by gear. (only finished for IJEOS Rom so far)

ah so finally you hit one useful new capability. Plus one. Great for drag racing

Has ability to reset several different adaptations independently.

and this is a deal breaker why? You can still reset all adaptations and every time you reflash (or map switching as you call it) you do this anyway. My BT cable does this (what I use to flash BTW)

Tells you what emissions monitors are in the ready or failed position.

These are toggles. A) you should know...B) you don't have to change devices to find out, simply download the free tuning suite and look at the toggle...but basically if you are running catless DPs on FLASH ONLY and don't get a SES you already know the second o2 sensor readiness is toggled off. another feature that does nothing for the driving experience

I'm sure I'm missing a few, oh and Jake from motiv just remote tuned a motiv 700 car using mhd and I'm sure PTF or any reputable tuner if given the choice would choose mhd.

Once again, its well known the MHD has more features with ongoing development and development has ceased with the Cobb. What is being ignored is Cobb is already well developed enough to suite the 98 percentile in terms of tuning and has plenty of bells and whistles. Yes I see features useful to those who need to run 22-30 pounds of boost. Yes I see features that may be useful to the big players (increased torque ceilings and things you've mentioned). The features I see for the average FBO Tom, Dick and Harry don't warrant making changes IF you already have Cobb.... The fanboy's are the ones who can't think for themselves and determine if they see any features that warrant changing and just blindly switch based on it being the new in thing (not you but whoever the cap fits).

I don't have a Cobb BTW. I'm perfectly satisfied at my level of mods with BT tool flashing. I need to be able to log without carrying a laptop so MHD makes sense for ME....
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #12
stanlalee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Not only is Cobb a waste of money but also a waste in time.
What part of ALREADY HAS did you miss. Boy you are slow! It you already bought it like almost everybody who wanted flash only tuning before MHD came out how are you wasting money. Wasting money is buying a new device/software suite to reap the same performance you already have.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #13
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
The backend flash I ran from BMS/BB definitely was not as smooth as my OTS maps on the Cobb I went with. If MHD had been big when I sold my JB4 and switched to Cobb, would I have still gone with Cobb? Probably not, and theres plenty I miss from my JB4, but my Cobb does fine for me and I wouldnt say I regret my decision at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #14
Milan
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

The fact that you can sell your Cobb tuner, switch to MHD, have a better tune and $$ on top of that should make it a no brainer.

Cobb has basically no development at this point. I switched from JB4+backend flash to MHD and it's a night and day difference.
      08-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #15
stanlalee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
The fact that you can sell your Cobb tuner, switch to MHD, have a better tune and $$ on top of that should make it a no brainer.

Cobb has basically no development at this point. I switched from JB4+backend flash to MHD and it's a night and day difference.
And be out of like $500. If you bought a Cobb new before MHD came out you paid about $750. Now that MHD is out much like the Proceed or OFT you can barely give them away (read nobody is going to pay more than about $200 for it). So yes you can switch with the money you sold the Cobb for but your out of $500 for negligible if any gains.

As for this better tune stuff once again a device is not the tune. If you like Cobb OTS tunes better than MHD OTS tunes (many do) switching is counterproductive. If you have a Cobb Protuner that you prefer in terms of philosophy and skill vs a custom Wedge MHD flash switching is counterproductive. Idle tables, knock tables and one wastegate table (the new table discoveries) does not magically make your tune better or car faster. Some new table discoveries will never get touched. Others many will have no idea what to do with. NONE are going to outweigh who's at the controls (tuner) whether it be Cobb, OFT, BB flash or MHD.

You guys do realize these tuning tables are the work of jyamona and updated XDFs. If we actually knew what we were doing most of this stuff can be taken advantage of with a BT cable, TunerPro and updated XDF...as what Terry has done with the updated backend(front end) flashes.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #16
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

An interesting thread was ruined by trolls, once again
Appreciate 0