THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2016 M235i XDrive on a boat heading towards to the US!

08-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
Outrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i xDrive

2016 M235i XDrive on a boat heading towards to the US!

Hi there, long-time lurker and brand new 2addicts poster, who just purchased my first BMW and couldn't be more excited.

A little about me: I'm 33 years old, and have always loved sports cars of all types. I've finally saved enough money to buy the car I always wanted, and I spent several months making my decision. I knew I wanted a small luxury sports coupe with a decent back seat. The M235 fit everything I wanted. I was also contemplating the Audi TTS...I loved the interior but the back seat was a joke, the car felt somewhat underpowered but handled well, and the exterior I was ambivalent about and despite it's body changes over the years still looked a little too "eggy" too me. After test driving the M235 at a local dealer, I knew that it was the car for me when I put it in Sport Mode and had a huge smile on my face the whole time. To put it in perspective, I currently drive a Pontiac Grand Prix which I purchased in 2005, and driving the BMW made me realize how enjoyable driving can be.

The toughest decision for me was whether I wanted rear-wheel drive or XDrive. I live in a city in Ohio that has a pretty flat terrain and doesn't get tons of snow so I was leaning towards rear-wheel drive but in the end, I chose to go with XDrive more for the peace of mind (for whatever that's worse).

I kept the build fairly basic:

Xdrive
Estoril Blue exterior
Coral Red interior
Fineline stream wood trim
Orbit Grey Wheels
Black kidney grill
Moonroof
Harman-Kardon sound system

Couple questions I had....

The one package I regret not getting is the Driver Assistance Package with the rearview camera and Park Distance Control feature. I'm assuming this is not something that can be installed by a local dealer? If not, do you guys suggest any alternative aftermarket options?

Like some other's on here, I'm not a fan of the silver-colored side view mirrors. I'm thinking black would look better with the black kidney grill and Orbit Grey wheels which look pretty dark....has anyone done a wrap? Would you recommend this?

And thirdly, I'm a new uncle...how does this vehicle do with a carseat?

I'm tracking the vehicle and speaking with my CA....the car should be at port by approximately August 14th, and he says it should be at the dealership about one week later. After I pick it up, I hope to post pictures.

Cheers!

Last edited by Outrun; 08-08-2015 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

The car seats do just fine and the hook loops are easy to reach instead of having to dig for them.

There are back up camera options. Check out the audio/electronics section of this forum for more information on that.

Congratulations and welcome to the BMW brand. I'm sure you will love your new car. It's a much different experience on a daily basis than your Pontiac.

I would get the carbon fiber M Performance mirror caps instead of wrapping them but that's just me. I think it looks much classier.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
Outrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i xDrive

Great thanks for your input!
Appreciate 0