E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Low Boost issue

08-31-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
liteweight13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Low Boost issue

Ok on my way to work i got on the car and it builds little to no boost after 4000 rpm. it will spike for a second but then falls to 5-6 psi in the upper rpms. I had some new tires installed on my car earlier today and had to get my wife to drive it home. As she is pedal happy i set the procede i have installed on the car to N/a mode so the waste gates stay open. I know they say this can mess up the adaptions on the cars. I checked the charge pipe and it is fine. My next 2 steps were going to be to reset the adaptions on the car and check the diverter valves. I also noticed when giving the car throttle it makes a lot of 'boost' noise which it did not before and blows off really loud. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteweight13 View Post
Ok on my way to work i got on the car and it builds little to no boost after 4000 rpm. it will spike for a second but then falls to 5-6 psi in the upper rpms. I had some new tires installed on my car earlier today and had to get my wife to drive it home. As she is pedal happy i set the procede i have installed on the car to N/a mode so the waste gates stay open. I know they say this can mess up the adaptions on the cars. I checked the charge pipe and it is fine. My next 2 steps were going to be to reset the adaptions on the car and check the diverter valves. I also noticed when giving the car throttle it makes a lot of 'boost' noise which it did not before and blows off really loud. Thanks in advance!
Sounds like it may be stuck in N/A mode.

Reinstall firmware and maps, make sure you read the "READ ME" file and reset all adaptations.

Usually the only problem with N/A mode was that the car would oscillate at low RPM so a rest of adaptations was necessary.

Are you throwing a 30FF code?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
liteweight13
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Actually found the issue it was a vac line running to the diverter valves it came off. The line had some oil inside and slid off as it was not zip tied.
Appreciate 0