E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Headlight problems...

09-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
Blacklines
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

Headlight problems...

I have recently purchased a pre LCI E91 which has after market LCI headlights installed. Trouble is they point at the road... I've been stitched up, that's obvious but am just trying to find a resolution.

My theory is the car has been in a font end accident and who ever rebuilt it had installed the after market lights without the correct hardware as the adjusters don't work correctly and they lights cannot be properly adjusted by the usual adjusting mechanism.

Should they be the self levelling models? Are the self levelling lights what is termed 'adaptive'? I'm unsure. They have the halo rings, not sure if that is related to adaptive or its zenon's or HID's.

With aftermarket headlights, what typically are the missing parts you would require if you were fitting to a bare chassis - I think that's the nub of my knowledge gap!

Lots of questions not much knowledge! Any help greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #2
MineralweissIS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Mineral White 335is

Garage List
2012 BMW 335is  [0.00]
There is a possibility that your car was originally equipped with factory xenons and the PO replaced them with aftermarkets to save on repair costs (if in fact it was in an accident).

If you provide the last seven digits of your VIN I can confirm this for you.

Xenons headlights were available with and without the adaptive feature. When equipped, the projectors turn left or right depending on the angle of the steering wheel to help light the road path better.
      09-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
Blacklines
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

That's a kind offer thanks! KK40457
Appreciate 0