E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Combox Fried?

09-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
ssshake
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe 2009

Combox Fried?

So, long story short I went to install a combox the other day, the wiring harness was a real bitch, the pins kept getting pushed out of the sockets while trying to plug in the connectors.

I got it connected and working for a brief moment, I verified this by getting the typical options I'd expect such as bluetooth connectivity.

Shortly after that, while trying to finalize the install, I wasn't able to use the combox any longer. The optical most connector on the combox wasn't emitting light any longer, and my usb thumb drive suddenly died. It's a dead thumb drive, wont detect on any PC.

So I'm thinking that I shorted something out and killed my combox. The only other thing I can think of is the dead thumb drive was a fluke and I just popped a fuse or something like that. However, when I reconnect the TCU and MULF, they work fine.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Did you install a fiber optic adapter on the end of the fiber optic when you installed the combox? That most loop must be closed.
Appreciate 0