F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Subtle Change & Cars 'N Coffee St. Louis - September 2015
ARMA SPEED

09-20-2015, 06:23 AM   #1
Bleser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 ///M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Subtle Change & Cars 'N Coffee St. Louis - September 2015

I had a very subtle change done to my car since I last posted and thought I would share photos. I also attended Cars 'N Coffee St. Louis again yesterday and have a few photos from that to share.

My car is a 2013 Sport Line and one of the things I was disappointed about with respect to exterior finishing of this model was the matte black window trim. It "fits" the car and is better than chrome, but I always preferred the gloss black trim of the M-Sport line. So, after meeting with Colin from nightshadesstl.com (great guy and company), we settled on replacing the lower door window trim with factory gloss black replacement parts (not terribly expensive) and then wrapping the matte black upper window trim in gloss black vinyl. The result is exactly what I wanted and I'm loving it; it ties in much better with my Melbourne Red / gloss black theme.

Photos!

And a few photos from Cars 'N Coffee St. Louis...

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
ryanSTL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 435GC rwd

i couldn't make C&C because my son had a football game.

your car looks good. love the red. are you going to swap out the grills? ever thought about painting the grill surrounds red instead of all black?

IND did mine Carbon Black. I've seen a handful of other cars on the forum with painted surrounds and I prefer it, ... but either way looks good. i just loathe the chrome
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #3
Bleser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 ///M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hi ryanSTL,

I understand the kid activities - I headed straight to my son's soccer game right afterwards.

My grills are in the 'thought queue'. I'm undecided on what to do but am not sold on the all black yet even though it would go well with my theme. It's funny you suggest the red as I've already contacted iND about the red ones. I think I'm holding back since the headlight design makes contact with the grills and I don't know if I want them touching red or black. It'll come soon, though.
Appreciate 0