F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 2 Wheels Bent
ARMA SPEED

09-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
DominicJE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 428i w/ M Sport

2 Wheels Bent

Hey everyone,

I noticed my 4 series drive wasn't the same and felt kind of shaky lately. I took it into BMW since I thought maybe the wheels were bent and they verified that 2 wheels are indeed bent. I have the wheel and tire warranty, however, the guy they brought in to check the wheels is trying to say that the wheels that got bent wasn't due to road hazard and won't be covered. What in the world are they on, crack?

My dealership is bringing it to upper management so we will see how it goes.

Has anyone else ever had this problem with them not covering bent rims?

I also will be calling them with my claim and fighting it.

I swear, it seems like you have to fight just to get something that you paid for, covered. It gets old and what is the point of a warranty if they try and always fight to not cover something.

- Dominic

Last edited by DominicJE; 09-26-2015 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicJE View Post
Hey everyone,

I noticed my 4 series drive wasn't the same and felt kind of shaky lately. I took it into BMW since I thought maybe the wheels were bent and they verified that 2 wheels are indeed bent. I have the wheel and tire warranty, however, the guy they brought in to check the wheels is trying to say that the wheels that got bent wasn't due to road hazard and won't be covered. What in the world are they on, crack?

My dealership is bringing it to upper management so we will see how it goes.

Has anyone else ever had this problem with them not covering bent rims?

I also will be calling them with my claim and fighting it.

I swear, it seems like you have to fight just to get something that you paid for, covered. It gets old and what is the point of a warranty if they try and always fight to not cover something.

- Dominic
You would possibly have a claim of breach of contract if they don't replace the wheels.

The burden of proof is not on you, but on the dealership to sustain the claim that the damage was NOT caused by roadway driving.

Please share how they theorize that the damage to the wheels occurred? Legally they would owe you an explanation in writing to deny a coverage claim. Also check such applicable laws in your state.

Whatever you do, fight them until the either replace the wheels or refund you the warranty cost. That's the only way to make you whole.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0