E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Where can I post or send my logs to be reviewed?

10-01-2015, 02:43 AM   #1
604.e92
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Where can I post or send my logs to be reviewed?

I just recently bought a 08' 335i e92 and right away went and got the Cobb v3 because I've heard it unleashes a beast. The car feels like it has a lot more power but it seems to come with more risks. I ran the sport map and whenever I accelerated hard, I seemed to have very large numbers in the cylinder correction which seems dangerous. I tried to run aggressive one time and my car went into limp mode. I decided to change both the spark plugs and coils tonight. I took the car out for a drive and it looks like the cylinder correction has decreased but still apparent. Who can I send my logs to and have them checked out. Im getting my car walnut blasted next weekend. My car has 100,000km, 2008, auto, bms dci. Im in Vancouver Canada, running 94 Chev gas. What else could cause possible cylinder corrections besides the carbon build up on the valves that Im going to get cleaned up and possibly injectors??
Any help helps because I'm new to this tuning and boosted world.
Thanks in advance.

http://datazap.me/u/604e92/stg1-aggr...og=0&data=3-13

http://datazap.me/u/604e92/stg-1-spo...og=0&data=3-13
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #2
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw=trash

Canadian gas is garbage. Especially Chevron. Didn't they just get busted trying to sell 87 as 94? it was in the news here.(alberta)

Stick to sport map. After you get your valves blasted some of that timing will clear up.

Check out the B.C sub forum here. They will help you out.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #3
TheYuriPanda
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i XDrive E90 2010

Sell Cobb get JB4 and stack with MHD. Or just one or the other. Ken (wedge) or PTF can tune your Cobb if you plan to keep it. MHD as token over the flash tuning world.
      10-01-2015, 08:29 AM   #4
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYuriPanda View Post
Sell Cobb get JB4 and stack with MHD. Or just one or the other. Ken (wedge) or PTF can tune your Cobb if you plan to keep it. MHD as token over the flash tuning world.
Selling the cobb and going a different tune will not clear up that timing.

Mhd ots maps are garbage.

Cobb is probably the best solution for people who are not fbo, and just want a little extra out of their car.

I've gone from dinan, to jb4, to cobb, to mhd, back to jb4.

Cobb by far was the smoothest.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #5
JasW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYuriPanda View Post
MHD as token over
Voice recognition software problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase View Post
Selling the cobb and going a different tune will not clear up that timing.

Mhd ots maps are garbage.

Cobb is probably the best solution for people who are not fbo, and just want a little extra out of their car.

I've gone from dinan, to jb4, to cobb, to mhd, back to jb4.

Cobb by far was the smoothest.
The MHD OTS maps are garbage? Come on. That's a pretty strong and, IMO, highly inaccurate statement.

Cobb could not possibly be the best solution for someone who just wants a tune. You're pissing away $900 on a piece of hardware when all you need is your phone.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Jb4 + pump flash would be ideal for you IMO. Cobb is eh, only worth it if you're gonna do a protune, but then you might as well switch to MHD for 1/10th the price for the exact same thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 09:04 AM   #7
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasW View Post
Voice recognition software problems?

The MHD OTS maps are garbage? Come on. That's a pretty strong and, IMO, highly inaccurate statement.

Cobb could not possibly be the best solution for someone who just wants a tune. You're pissing away $900 on a piece of hardware when all you need is your phone.
logs from both here

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169126

Cobb is the smoothest, safest, most reliable, user friendly tune. Sure. It costs more.

Lets not highjack this thread into a tune debate. I will start another thread for that now.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #8
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Quote:
logs from both here

Cobb is the smoothest, safest, most reliable, user friendly tune. Sure. It costs more.

Lets not highjack this thread into a tune debate. I will start another thread for that now.
I'd argue jb4 is safer.. it has tons of safety features that'll kick you down to stock boost if something isn't right.. flash tuning is much more "blind" per se.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Could be the gas, could be carbon build up.

As for MHD vs COBB, some people have had issues with the MHD OTS maps, but the majority do not and the same goes for the COBB OTS maps and the JB4 OTS Backend Flashes. Best thing to do now is try a different fuel and see if that works. If not, walnut blast. If neither of those work, get a pro tune.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2015, 09:28 AM   #10
JasW
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
logs from both here

I couldn't tell exactly what you were complaining about from the links in that thread, which all lead to your main logs page, but picking an 8/29 MHD log out, I see you have a bunch of timing corrections. Like with the OP, it's that crap gas you have up there in Canada. E85 would smooth that out, but of course you have to live somewhere that it's available.

Anyway, I had no timing problems when I was running the MHD OTS maps, so perhaps this is just a YMMV problem when it comes to a one size fits all solution. Just because a couple three out of however many people have negative timing corrections on a stock MHD map, while one of those people doesn't have the same timing problems while running an OTS Cobb map, does not make MHD OTS maps garbage and Cobb OTS maps the gold standard. Fallacy of composition.
Appreciate 2
      10-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #11
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I couldn't tell exactly what you were complaining about from the links in that thread, which all lead to your main logs page, but picking an 8/29 MHD log out, I see you have a bunch of timing corrections. Like with the OP, it's that crap gas you have up there in Canada. E85 would smooth that out, but of course you have to live somewhere that it's available.

Anyway, I had no timing problems when I was running the MHD OTS maps, so perhaps this is just a YMMV problem when it comes to a one size fits all solution. Just because a couple three out of however many people have negative timing corrections on a stock MHD map, while one of those people doesn't have the same timing problems while running an OTS Cobb map, does not make MHD OTS maps garbage and Cobb OTS maps the gold standard. Fallacy of composition.
Did you miss where the boost falls flat after 5000rpm?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #12
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Could be the gas, could be carbon build up.

As for MHD vs COBB, some people have had issues with the MHD OTS maps, but the majority do not and the same goes for the COBB OTS maps and the JB4 OTS Backend Flashes. Best thing to do now is try a different fuel and see if that works. If not, walnut blast. If neither of those work, get a pro tune.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 10:30 AM   #13
JasW
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you miss where the boost falls flat after 5000rpm?
That's not exclusive to MHD OTS maps. JB4, custom tunes, etc. I wouldn't pretend to know why given the variables particular to your car. Fuel, who knows. But again, while you may feel MHD OTS maps are garbage for your car for whatever reason, that certainly doesn't mean they are garbage period. Not unless everybody is reporting the same thing -- and they're not.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #14
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That's not exclusive to MHD OTS maps. JB4, custom tunes, etc. I wouldn't pretend to know why given the variables particular to your car. Fuel, who knows. But again, while you may feel MHD OTS maps are garbage for your car for whatever reason, that certainly doesn't mean they are garbage period. Not unless everybody is reporting the same thing -- and they're not.
Well, when I was having this issue, I was able to find plenty of other threads with the same issue, no solution.

Put my jb4 back on, issue gone.

I'm not trying to bash mhd. Its an amazing flashing device. But considering I've tried almost all tunes available. MHD ots tunes were the worst.
Appreciate 0