E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > goodby BMW

10-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #1
Rossland
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: US 06 330xi

goodby BMW

After 9 years, and 245,000KM, we have sold our 330XI. It is no longer as reliable as we would like, and repairs are getting expensive. It was a great car. Power and handling was always excellent, and long distance cruising was always comfortable. BMW makes a great car. It is indeed "the ultimate driving machine"

I wish I could say the same for BMW Canada. When we bought our car, BMW Ca was doing everything they could to screw anyone who imported. We were told that:1. The speedometer face had to be changed for $1700, 2. it would cost at least $1200 to turn on daytime running lights. 3. They would not do any repairs to the car unless we first agreed to a $500 "inspection" to determine if it had been under water during hurricane Katrina. All of this was a lot of BS of course, and BMW Ca eventually was named on a class action law suit.

The last straw was when after the warranty expired I took the car to a local garage for an oil change, and BMW refused to tell them how to reset the computer. Of course I downloaded the info from BimmerPost (thank you BimmerPost)

So several years ago I decided that I would never buy a car from BMW Ca, and since the present exchange rates make US Cars very expensive, we have changed brands.

Since this will be my last post, I want to thank everyone who posted tips, tricks, and other valuable info on these pages. You saved us a lot of money, and made driving our BMW even more pleasurable.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
NotQuickEnough
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330ci & 335i

You'll be back. They always come back
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
E90beater
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw Eninety

What car did you end up getting after the BMW?
Just curious
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 05:00 PM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

rival brand, of course.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossland View Post

The last straw was when after the warranty expired I took the car to a local garage for an oil change, and BMW refused to tell them how to reset the computer. Of course I downloaded the info from BimmerPost (thank you BimmerPost)
Everything you wrote prior to this, I respect as your opinion but I have no problem with this. You have the right to be annoyed but you're pretty much expecting BMW to help a competitor. BMW is not here to provide free information when you need it. If you want full service, you go to BMW. If you decide to go to a garage, then it's up to that garage to be able to swap out your oil and reset OBD/oil counter. If they can't, you should be talking to them about it and not getting annoyed that BMW isn't offering information because there is no reason for them to do it and definitely not obligated to do so.

I'm not intending this post to be rude. There are a lot of things BMW dealerships do that piss of customers but this isn't one of them.
Appreciate 2
      10-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #6
sy2767
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Everything you wrote prior to this, I respect as your opinion but I have no problem with this. You have the right to be annoyed but you're pretty much expecting BMW to help a competitor. BMW is not here to provide free information when you need it. If you want full service, you go to BMW. If you decide to go to a garage, then it's up to that garage to be able to swap out your oil and reset OBD/oil counter. If they can't, you should be talking to them about it and not getting annoyed that BMW isn't offering information because there is no reason for them to do it and definitely not obligated to do so.

I'm not intending this post to be rude. There are a lot of things BMW dealerships do that piss of customers but this isn't one of them.
agreed!
Appreciate 0