E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Help N43 engine noise problem

11-05-2015, 01:52 AM   #1
ghost_rider
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 320i 2010 European

Help N43 engine noise problem

[u2b]https://youtu.be/8eDy-9aCNhk[/u2b]

Dear friends

I have the N43b20 engine on my e93 320i 04/2010 with 50.000KM on the clock, i have no check engine light coming, however there is a rattling sound coming from the engine compartement it is higher and more noticeable when i let off the gas pedal

It is the same if the car is moving or stand still, i removed the alternator belt and power steering electric plug to isolate the problem but the problem is still. It is like metal sound

Please could you tell me what was your symptoms ? I don't have low oil pressure indication, could it be my chain tensioner or the chain and guide itself?

Help me out to figure how many labor hours should that thing cost and parts involved so at least i know what to expect in total when i go to the dealer.

Best Regard
Appreciate 0