THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Worst luck

11-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #1
Apezzone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW m235 xdrive

I've been having the worst luck with my 2015 m235i xdrive. First about 2 months ago, I got rear ended at a red light. Luckily it wasn't terrible. Then about a week ago during Halloween weekend, someone broke my rear left tail light. I came out Sunday morning to see it broken, no explanation or leftover glass anywhere to be seen. So, I thought things couldn't get any worse after those 2 incidents. Well I was wrong. I was driving back to school today and I was on the highway when all of a sudden a deer sprinted out across the lanes. I tried to swerve and avoid it, but that was unsuccessful. The deer's head hit my right mirror clean off and left some dents in my side door. I can't even describe the pain I felt as I saw my brand new carbon fiber mirror bouncing away in my rear view mirror. Luckily, it was just the mirror and I didn't hit the dear head on or anything. Anyhow, I hope none of you ever have to experience any of these horrible things happening.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #2
roastdukz
Rep
Drives: coupe

Im sry to hear about those events :-(

Did you stop and go pick the mirror back up? (Dunno if its salvagable...)

Think of the positive, its like you said at least it didnt hit you head on!

How much would one of those tail light replacements cost?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:08 AM   #3
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi - 2022 992 C2S Cab

You have my sympathy...

My story:
One week into ownership stranded to dye faulty sensor causing engine shut off.
Four weeks into ownership a minivan merged into my lane causing damage along the entire driver side (no structural, but still painful)
12 weeks into ownership construction workers dump debris on the car and try to clean it off with a rug-- causing tons of swirls that needed a full detailing to recover ...
Attached Images

11-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #4
mattc1176
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240i

I've had similar luck, but thankfully no real 'damage'. After 2 months of ownership all 4 tires/wheels were stolen at an airport parking lot. I get that replaced and a week later a girl vomits all over the passenger side (long story). Insurance got me new wheels and 3 detailings later it's as good as new. In the middle of deer season right now by me so I'm just waiting for that to happen!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
When I had my Mazdaspeed 6 I had three accidents, none of which were my fault. 1st I got rear ended. 2nd I got hit in a parking lot. 3rd I got backed into (crushed the whole side of the car)

Suffice to say, I got rid of the car right away and never looked back. Three accidents in a span of about three months was enough for me to trade it in for the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #6
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
When I had my Mazdaspeed 6 I had three accidents, none of which were my fault. 1st I got rear ended. 2nd I got hit in a parking lot. 3rd I got backed into (crushed the whole side of the car)

Suffice to say, I got rid of the car right away and never looked back. Three accidents in a span of about three months was enough for me to trade it in for the BMW.
You'd only had the car for 3 months? How much money did you lose by doing that?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #7
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMatt3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post

You'd only had the car for 3 months? How much money did you lose by doing that?
No sorry I meant I got hit three times in three months, had the car for a few years
Appreciate 0