E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What to do with my setup!? Tuning advice!

11-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
jjbmuu
4ut0strd4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW E92 335i 6 Speed

What to do with my setup!? Tuning advice!

Long story short I need help deciding what to do.. My car is FBO and I'm running a custom Aquamist HSF-3 set up. The meth is partially controlled by the Procede Rev 3 I believe and the Aquamist circuit board has also been modified to work with the Procede according to the previous owner. Now my question is I'd like to go with flash tuning such as MHD and would prefer to leave the Procede and Aquamist in tact the way it is since its working great. Is there any way to do so? Run lets say an MHD backend flash with the Procede in map 4 for meth. How would I set up the Procede to do so if possible without just leaving it in map 0 since I don't think there would be a way to get the meth to work? The main reason I'd like to do this besides additional tunablity is because I just don't see the value in switching out something that works great with a JB4 and trying to figure out how to make the meth kit work with it. It would just be too time consuming and a headache for me with my work schedule plus the cost. I would like to figure this out sooner than later especially since I plan to install Hexon's in the future . Basically which way would you guys go about if you were in my situation that would be the least of a hassle. I guess I could always try running the meth kit on its own with a custom tune using MHD and ripping the Procede out..? Should I just leave it the way it is and run the OTS Procede map for upgraded turbos and E-85 at 20 psi and call it a day? My plans are not to be over 550hp/tq anyways for reliability and longevity reasons. Not sure if I'm leaving anything out, just ask and I'll answer whatever I can. This platform is going through so many changes in such little time it's crazy! Thanks!
Current Estimate: 450/500 on E50 Custom EDC Tuning MHD Flash @ 21psi
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
jjbmuu
4ut0strd4
United_States
Rep

Should I post this on n54tech?? Just don't want to have issues from reaching my conservative goals with possible target boost issues or what not with my current set up. Maybe I should just contact one of the expert tuners on this forum lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
ksalih
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

You aren't going to get support regarding a Procede. I would update your hardware if you want support from this forum or the alike.
      11-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #4
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

You think your going to get support on Terry's JB4 site lol.

I didn't have one so I don't know the settings but back then it was called stacking and if you google procede stacking a bunch of threads come up. Finding the settings that turn over everything but boost back to the DME should be relatively easy. Vishnu even had a backend flash at first via sending in the DME and then via OFT. I would assume the settings to "stack" the procede won't change the output for meth control in that map but since its modified I doubt anybody not involved with the modification can clarify anything (change the procede setting for to stacking, flash a backend and see if meth still woks as before). You can even use Terry's various back end flashes (depending on turbo stage) since the piggyback (whichever one) will only be used to set the boost curve...and in your case meth control. Whatever the case if your going to be using the Procede long term you probably need to find some setting PDF to change boost curves, adjust meth etc as you progress (or just switch to JB4 or flash only and separate meth controller).
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #5
jjbmuu
4ut0strd4
United_States
Rep

Thank you my friend, I was just trying to get an idea primarily of what others would do in my shoes so to speak. Ideally I'd like to set up the meth to work standalone, dump the procede, and run an mhd flash. Would it be worth while for me to still get a jb4? As in what features would I be missing besides the recent developments that an mhd flash won't offer? I should be okay without it for meth control, but I guess anti lag would be a nice feature lol.. I'm just trying to keep it simple yet have a proper setup. I'll research and compare what the two have to offer some more and decide if I care for all the added features.
Appreciate 0