E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Can you MHD flash with an Android Emulator?

11-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Can you MHD flash with an Android Emulator?

I'm currently backed flashed with a BB flash. I have all iOS gear but am transitioning away from it (will go to Android phones next fall). Dumped my iPad for a Surface Pro a couple days ago.

Can you MHD flash with an Android emulator? Though I could just flash my wife's old original Kindle Fire to Kit Kat and use that (as it just sits there doing nothing), I'd rather use my Surface. I went the BB route before MHD became recently popular and may want to try MHD in the future.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
RMJ335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
I'm currently backed flashed with a BB flash. I have all iOS gear but am transitioning away from it (will go to Android phones next fall). Dumped my iPad for a Surface Pro a couple days ago.

Can you MHD flash with an Android emulator? Though I could just flash my wife's old original Kindle Fire to Kit Kat and use that (as it just sits there doing nothing), I'd rather use my Surface. I went the BB route before MHD became recently popular and may want to try MHD in the future.
I have been using MHD flash via VMWare Android setup on my macbook without issues, EXCEPT for last weekend when i tried to flash back to stock and my macbook ran out of memory (stupid outlook identity files taking 80GB of memory) and the flash crashed mid flash. In the end I reflashed with a JB4 BE Flash specific to IJEOS and got back on the road within an hour.

This was the only time i had issues and I have flashed back and forth multiple times.
      11-24-2015, 11:17 PM   #3
JasW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is E93 6MT

Garage List
I understand this as perhaps an interesting academic exercise, but it seems pointless as a practical matter because you can get a $40 Android tablet from Amazon that will work. People pay $40 for the DCAN cable . . . .
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 06:21 AM   #4
volcom8190
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 Sierra 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ335i View Post
I have been using MHD flash via VMWare Android setup on my macbook without issues, EXCEPT for last weekend when i tried to flash back to stock and my macbook ran out of memory (stupid outlook identity files taking 80GB of memory) and the flash crashed mid flash. In the end I reflashed with a JB4 BE Flash specific to IJEOS and got back on the road within an hour.

This was the only time i had issues and I have flashed back and forth multiple times.
back when I tried to androidx86 with vmware, I couldnt get the mhd app to run. Do you have any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasW View Post
I understand this as perhaps an interesting academic exercise, but it seems pointless as a practical matter because you can get a $40 Android tablet from Amazon that will work. People pay $40 for the DCAN cable . . . .
Already have the cable. I'd rather just use my Surface for everything (coding, JB4 logging and flashing). Again, I can flash my wife's old Fire to Android and use that - it's more of can it be done on an emulator.
Appreciate 0