E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Which power commander?

12-01-2015, 01:41 AM   #1
Lummmers90
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Which power commander?

Hello, I would like some clarification on which unit I should go for.

Jb4 / Cobb

I have an e92 LCI n55, fully standard apart from the PE mod I have done.

So, I have warranty running on the vehicle, and that for me is key, I don't wish to make it void, however the 'lad' in me wishes to have more power (ofcourse). I dont know which unit is, 1)- easiest to install and most importantly, uninstall. 2)- best for the vehicle.

Other points I would like clearing up on would be - where is best to buy? Is second hand something to consider or steer clear?

I heard that JB4 is a swine to install on the N55, talking about something under the air intake? Cobb I have not heard much about, other than 'easier' to install.

Many thanks for your time
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 03:50 PM   #2
Lawton438
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I can't comment much on the jb4 as I've never had one myself, but I do have a Cobb and can't say nothing bad about it, I have a n54 but should imagine the n55 maps would be pretty similar as it gives you plenty of scope to upgrade your car further if you decide to add hardware such as intercooler, downpipes and so on.
Simply just plugs into the obd port to install and uninstall.
As for wether or not Bmw would be able to tell its previously been mapped is Abit of a grey area as some people say they can and others not.
I personally think that if you were to take your car in for common problems they would replace and repair without to much investigating.
Appreciate 0