THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Never Introduced Myself - New Owner

12-21-2015, 01:23 AM   #1
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Never Introduced Myself - New Owner

Realized that I never actually introduced myself to this side of the forums.

Coming from an 2009 E92 335, Mojave Metallic over Grey, 6spd. Took about 6 months to find that car back when I was looking (manuals are pretty rare). Ending up finding a Mojave Metallic car at that...and it was love at first site. Few years later, the E92 was getting a little old on me and I was just itching for something newer.

Spent the better part of 2015 trying to figure out what I wanted. Was looking to order a 6spd M235i earlier this year (two years ago I was broken hearted by a garage queen E46 M3 purchase that flopped and thought this was the answer) and then switched over to an F80 M3. Wife and I were talking about kids in a few years so I figured the 4 door was the way...which is complete bullshit - I just loved the way the M3 looked and it was what I needed to tell myself to pull the trigger.

Two months ago I was set on ordering a stripped F80 M3. In November...spoke with a few dealers and finally went to see a local dealer and they told me they had one spot available but it was pending - wouldn't be able to order anything until January...add 3 months, it would have taken 5 months total for delivery. Far too long.

With how much work it was becoming to get an F80 M3...I really started to think maybe I was reaching too much and that the car was truly overkill for what I need and whether the car was worth the premium price (could save some coin by going with something else).

Started to drive other cars (Z4, F30 335i, F32 335i, etc...). Drove a 6spd M235i earlier in the year and liked it but wasn't blown away. Fast forward...at the dealership a few weeks ago and they tell me they have one 2015 M235i 8spd auto. I drive it and immediately fall in love. The car is amazing and the transmission feels so crisp that I was actually blown away. Not exactly a DCT but it has very violent shifts (best way to describe it) in sports mode. Interior is tight and the car just feels amazing.

I will miss rowing my own gears, but it was tiring at certain times. I've had this M235i for 3 weeks and haven't looked back. It makes the E92 interior look dated.

2015 M235i:
Alpine White
Black Dakota
8spd
Tech Pack
Harmon Kardon
Heated Seats

I plan on going FBO and lowering the car. Actually thinking springs may be all I need as that drop from what I've seen looks to be perfect. Black grills, color reflectors, front lip and carbon spoiler will be ordered soon - right now I'm just enjoying the car!

Only picture I have of my car...sure to shock a few (3 days into ownership, trying to prove to my wife that it's just a car):

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
Monsieur_G
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Congrats, the car looks great and you're going to love it more and more everyday
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

If you post that in the detailing forum, you are likely to cause several strokes and mild heart attacks. Nothing preserves the finish of a new car like loosely tying a log covered in spikes to the roof. Congrats. Another great Alpine White 235.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #4
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

Good for you! Trying to prove to your wife "it's just a car" is ballsy and I commend you for trying while hurting inside...happy wife, happy life. Congrats again!
MP Front Splitter//MP CF Short Shifter//MP CF E-brake//MP LSD//Cold Weather package//Driver Assistance package//Oyster Dakota leather//Aluminum Hexagon trim//ECS Tuning Wheel Spacers//AutoPlus Rear Diffuser//HUD//Rexing DashCam//AutoID M Mirror Caps
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LegitM235i View Post
Good for you! Trying to prove to your wife "it's just a car" is ballsy and I commend you for trying while hurting inside...happy wife, happy life. Congrats again!
I was in so much pain while that tree sat there lol

I used towels so there is absolutely no damage or marks on the car.

I've noticed this forum is very quiet compared to the 3 series forums...very interesting. It has to be directly related to the low volume of 2 series as I never see them on the road.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

Yeah, I would have been in pain myself too. Just the idea of SAP getting on the car would drive me crazy. LOL!

The 2ers community here is the youngest forum group, but many of us were 3 or 5ers veterans just like yourself. We have the most diverse of age groups from what I can tell, but very helpful guys and girls to help out fellow OPs with questions.

The 2ers for sure are rare BMW commodity on the road. I def love the rarity of mine, even if there was another one in the same town as mine. I've had mine since Jul 15 and have driven the hell out of it. It's only a car, right?!
MP Front Splitter//MP CF Short Shifter//MP CF E-brake//MP LSD//Cold Weather package//Driver Assistance package//Oyster Dakota leather//Aluminum Hexagon trim//ECS Tuning Wheel Spacers//AutoPlus Rear Diffuser//HUD//Rexing DashCam//AutoID M Mirror Caps
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #7
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Welcome and congrats OP!!

Love the 2 - perfect size, fun as hell to drive...My second favorite BMW I've owned (see sig).

For me it embodies what a BMW is supposed to be