E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > WATERPUMP + THERMOSTAT info needed ...Please Help !!!

01-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #1
KROOKEDking420
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 coupe

WATERPUMP + THERMOSTAT info needed ...Please Help !!!

OK guys so here's my problem my 07 e92(335i coupe) is leaking coolant so much now I've gone thru enough gallons of coolant I could have bought a new thermostat and water pump for what I paid for all of the coolant !!! So I've looked everywhere for the cheapest price and ECSTuning($426.57) was the best price overall for what u get plus I know the thermostat will work with the water pump and that they both work with my car

My question to you guys is ---where is the cheapest place you've found the water pump and thermostat online and was there a warranty???

THANKS in advance for any help you guys may have for me I've searched so many places I've been dreaming of effin water pumps !!!

ALSO**** ANY SPECIAL TIPS ON REPLACING Water pump or thermostat would be great as well
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
sp1tfire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Hi, I've ordered both from ECS a while ago, price was reasonable comparable to other stores I've gotten of my parts from.
You can check few more places for peace of mind (pelican parts, bavauto and ECS) - those are the ones i get parts from.
No special tips, other then patience, didn't like this job too much as some of the hoses are pain is the butt to work with, get them back on and stuff.
Are you sure its where your leak origins?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Where's the leak. Pumps usually go, not leak. If it is the pump I've heard newer pumps are different thickness plate which is plastic and if you don't get updated bolts they're easy to Crack. Find the leak though. More likely it's a hose or radiator than the pump. My radiator went last year at about 192,000 miles and 6 yrs old. I think it went from age more than miles though.
Appreciate 0