E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MHD trying to control boost?

04-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
bluemonstr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 mini S,'08 335i mod'd

MHD trying to control boost?

I've recently dipped my feet into the MHD flasher and TunerPro after playing with a JB4 for about 8 months. Essentially, my car is overboosting (by what I'd say is a lot - since I'm trying to boost around 10psi and it's hitting 17), that being said, I'm running E30-E40 to be safe while I learn so the car doesn't appear to be hurting but I want to control it w/out errors. So my question. Based on the attached log is this WGDC (base) settings related more than anything else?

AND if so, how do I know what specific columns/rows to reduce? What logging parm = the column on the left. I get the MAF (X) row across the top but I cannot find information on MHD/tunerpro related parameters. Please see my log - it overboosts a bunch and then drops into 3100 error - until I reset. I just want to learn to control this better.

Also, the car is ALMOST FBO - just missing the FMIC. Also, running E85 mix (indicated above). Removed JB4 because I enjoy the smoothness of the flash only so I figured I'd try my hand at tuning this little gem.

Sorry to sound like such a noob but on this software I am. Anyhelp or guidance is greatly appreciated!

http://datazap.me/u/bluemonstr/log-1...-20&zoom=22-55

Last edited by bluemonstr; 04-22-2016 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

Head over to [Admin Notified] N54 section and start by reading through the whole "Cobb ATR Discussion" stickied thread. Lots of boost control discussion there. It all applies to TunerPro too.

Edit: Fuckin e90post. I dunno why I bother. What's the harm in working with other forums instead of against them?

B
I
M
M
E
R
B
O
O
S
T
Appreciate 0