E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede 1.47 P0303 Code

03-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Procede 1.47 P0303 Code

I have been running the Procede 1.47 for about eight months and never had a single issue until four weeks ago (I am otherwise stock.) Upon startup of a cold engine, I would get a half engine display - This happened maybe once or twice per week.

I would then turn the car off and then back on and the symbol would go away. The engine always ran perfect by the way.

After this happened about five times and I then had a service engine soon notice display. I got my c reader and found a p0303 code - Cylinder three misfire. The c reader also cleared the SES symbol and it no longer appears.

I have done a search and saw others experienced this issue and it could be a bad spark plug - I don't think it is related to fuel because I always use BP Amoco 92 octane. I also am confident the Procede is installed correctly.

The car has 14K miles and I have a six speed manual transmission.

I would appreciate any suggestions/advice on how to solve this problem, because even though the car is running/idling perfectly, I wonder if the problem will get worse over time. Part of me says to remove the Procede and take it to the dealer, but I am just not sure. Or should I try some fuel injection cleaner? Is the number three spark plug easy to replace?

It is just weird that the car has run fine for so long until the issue has recently surfaced.

I submitted this question using the Vishnu form on their website earlier this week and have not had a response yet. - I did install the Procede myself btw.

I do want to update to V2 but decided to wait for the new iteration.

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

change the spark plugs in your car and it should be fixed!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
shyestsparks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
change the spark plugs in your car and it should be fixed!!
+1.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Thanks - I went to the Bosch site and just wanted to check if these are the correct plugs:

ZGR6STE2 OEPLUG GAP=0.028"

This is my first BMW - Is this a pretty straightforward install - Can anyone point me to a DYI?

I also noticed you need a special socket to remove the plugs; where can I source the socket and plugs?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 12 View Post
Thanks - I went to the Bosch site and just wanted to check if these are the correct plugs:

ZGR6STE2 OEPLUG GAP=0.028"

This is my first BMW - Is this a pretty straightforward install - Can anyone point me to a DYI?

I also noticed you need a special socket to remove the plugs; where can I source the socket and plugs?

Thanks
If it were me, I would use the bypass plugs from the procede and see if you get the same code 0303. If you do, take the procede out and take it to the dealer after it throws a code again and let them change the plug under warranty. Much less hassle IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

Hi David,

I sent you an email on Thursday, but it looks like you didn't receive it. To recap what I said in the email, if the problem happened at start up, it sounds like you are probably up against a dying fuel pump. You can try to replace the number 3 spark plug to see if that cures the problem, but I would say that it is unlikely. My recommendation is to run the car with the bridge connectors installed, and change the plug. If you can still replicate the issue, get the car into the dealership to check out the fuel pump.
Appreciate 0