E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Still havn't gotten my police report

07-24-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
ThatRWD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Still havn't gotten my police report

I hit a pot hole a few months ago, called the state trooper over, he created a case for me and gave me a document with instructions on how to get my police report. I did that, contacted the state DMV, paid them a fee to get my report and its been about a month now ... still no god damn police report. I have a case number which the trooper originally gave me, but no damn police report.

I need to make my case and for that I need the police report. What can I do?
      07-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
elons335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E61 6MT SG | Night Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRWD
I hit a pot hole a few months ago, called the state trooper over, he created a case for me and gave me a document with instructions on how to get my police report. I did that, contacted the state DMV, paid them a fee to get my report and its been about a month now ... still no god damn police report. I have a case number which the trooper originally gave me, but no damn police report.

I need to make my case and for that I need the police report. What can I do?
Buy a new rim, possibly lower control arm and hub... Keep it moving.

I guess I'm confused what the police report is going to do. Claim comprehensive on your policy, pay the deductive - that's why you pay for it.
      07-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
ThatRWD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

The car is already fixed, they placed it under collision, I need the police report to file a claim with the state.
      07-24-2016, 04:02 PM   #4
NA Fanatic
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 Z4 30i 6spd

I know your pain- our roads are a joke. Around last March, I badly messed up the suspension on my C4 and ended up doing a rebuild. In the worst case, it was a matter of hitting one pothole or the other, and let's just say I wish I'd seen what was behind door 2! I ended up driving out of that one going straight with the steering wheel pointed to the right

Managed to hit a big one hiding around a turn the first day after driving the BMW off the dealer lot and have had an incessant vibration when the top is up since. Was tempted both times to get some money from the government, but ended up not contacting the authorities.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 05:24 PM   #5
DaZuc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Fanatic View Post
I know your pain- our roads are a joke. Around last March, I badly messed up the suspension on my C4 and ended up doing a rebuild. In the worst case, it was a matter of hitting one pothole or the other, and let's just say I wish I'd seen what was behind door 2! I ended up driving out of that one going straight with the steering wheel pointed to the right
I'm here thinking NYC is bad lol that sounds dangerous!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 05:29 PM   #6
socal619
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

I made a claim last year and premium sky rocketed after my renewal came up... 1k difference from prior. Had to switch ins since it's on for 3 yrs when it drops off... gluck op
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #7
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

If VA is anything like NJ, we'll be dead and buried before we see any money from any claim....
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #8
rulonger
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d E90 & 2010 328i E91

Had similar situation back in 2014. Hit a pothole that was lurking under a large puddle of standing water. I was braking from 55 to a stop and I was probably still going about 30. With the brakes applied, the impact was more jarring. Dash lit up and the steering wheel was about 35 degrees off center.

Original quote to me was over $1500. By the time the insurance paid the claim, the total was just shy of $1300. I paid my $500 and insurance paid the rest.

Filed claim with the county to get the deductible back and was shot down. My annual insurance premium went up four months later by almost the exact amount that they had paid out on that claim (my only claim).

Moral of the story - I should have just paid it outright. Remind me why we pay gas taxes and insurance premiums again ! ! ! !
      07-24-2016, 07:14 PM   #9
NA Fanatic
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 Z4 30i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZuc View Post
I'm here thinking NYC is bad lol that sounds dangerous!
I honestly think Manhattan is about as navigable in terms of road quality, only you're at least crawling along there anyways... oh wait, that's here too. Well there's the affordable... damn nevermind

I forgot to mention that another pothole broke the window regulator arm on the Corvette. Got out, shut the door, and suddenly the window drops with a thunk. Going with the targa top off, I swore I hurt the frame going over an unpaved to paved area that was about 5 inches high and vertical. I'm a sadist just for driving these poor subjec, I mean cars.

I can almost compliment the intellect of rich frat bros of the Mid Atlantic for having the good sense to own lifted Wranglers in this treacherous wasteland! After all, you have to encounter the Patagonia mountains to harpoon the Vineyard Vines whale.
Appreciate 0