E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2007 320i convertiblr issue

09-01-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
wannos@googlemail.com
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i m sport

2007 320i convertiblr issue

water build up indrivers side rear quarter and how do I tighten the roof so it clamps more ?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
fun2drive
BMWCCA 149159
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 128i Vert/ 14 JGC Diesel

Try cleaning your drains out first.
Attempting to adjust the top without the right tolerances is folly. Those tolerances are in the thousands of an inch on some.
Use some long pipe cleaners like music stores have for wind instruments to get the crap out of the drains. Be careful the windshield drain has a check valve which you can damage or push out if you are not careful...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
wannos@googlemail.com
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i m sport

bmw's are a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Try cleaning your drains out first.
Attempting to adjust the top without the right tolerances is folly. Those tolerances are in the thousands of an inch on some.
Use some long pipe cleaners like music stores have for wind instruments to get the crap out of the drains. Be careful the windshield drain has a check valve which you can damage or push out if you are not careful...
hey and thanks for the heads up.. ive managed to unblock the problem in the drivers side rear qaurter panel it turns out in the vehicles past it has at some point had the rear quarter window smashed as it was a build up of fragmented window glass and small stones blocking the drain pipes i pushed them clear with a long screw driver and ther water came out like niagra falls .. and your right with the wrattling roof ive used felt tape on the locking pins so it applys a tiny bit more pressure to the roof and its stopped the rattling but there is still a small leak in the drivers side where the roof connects with the front wind shield. these cars are very very very annoying.

just found out today also that my rear axle bearings are on their way out and my intake valves need carbon cleaning .... my 14 year old ford focus injection is a far far better car and more reliable than this specific bmw. and i have to say im not at all impressed with bmw cars not in the slightest. even the dealers are having a laugh. 90 pounds an hour!!! what they do not tell you is they have a lit of procedures they have to adhere to inorder for their staff to fix customers cars. its a step by step list and the mechanics just work down it until the cars fixed..!!! wow. in all my days i have never witnessed such incompetence.

they started off telling me it was a timing chain guard that had decintigrated and jammed up the vammos!! which was completely wrong. the issue was the exhaust manifold actuator switch!! it wasnt opening and closing the exausht manifold casuing build up of pressure and missfires. so they replaced it at 207 pounds.. bmw wanted 1000 pound to install two new onbaord computers because their diagnostic machines could not communicate with the car lol thats before they even started trying to find the problem. he said i would be looking at around 3000-4000 pounds ... so yea i have zero faith in bmw i think if i was to purchase a bmw again it would have to be brand new and on hire purchase so they own the car and are responsible for all the repairs. they really are not worth owning now.

do you know anything about walnut blasting i.e. is it worth it ?
Appreciate 0