E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > SoCal | Ventura -- 1986 BMW 325es

10-25-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
dsolis
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

SoCal | Ventura -- 1986 BMW 325es

This car had been sitting for about 10 years before I purchased it a few months back. I bought it with the intentions of bringing it to life and teaching my wife to drive manual. I only did one of those two, and my wife is still in need of learning.

Well, I made the mistake of buying it without a title. The previous owner is going through a bit of a rough patch in his life, and although very communicative, he doesn't have the time to file the paperwork for lost title.

I know there are ways to get the title and will be easier if you are a business owner or know someone that is (someone who owns a tow yard is the easiest bet)... At this point I feel I am way over my head and with a new exciting event happening in our family, this car will sit a few more years before I will get the motivation to file paper work.

So... sadly, I think it is time for someone else to enjoy her. For the goods:

1986 325es w/Sport Package

> Mileage; 172xxx
> Sport Package; Recaro Sport Seats, M-Tech Steering wheel, OBC!
> 2.7 inline 6! -- motor idles smooth, and pulls strong!
> 5 speed manual -- shifts smooth! Does need oil flush.
> Factory LSD! -- Does need oil flush.
> Power doors, windows, sunroof, mirrors -- sunroof has loose cable, but opens with 'assistance'.
> Leather interior. -- driver and rear seat have rip. Not pictured
> Battery relocated to trunk from factory.
> Most major maintenance have been performed, including valve adjustment and I have kept a very detailed log of all work:

Upgrades:
> BBS RA wheels -- tires should be replaced. I do have the factory wheels as well.
> 325is front bumper valance

Bads:
> Freeze plug has small leak - I will include plug. Easy fix.
> Oil pan leak -- very very small leak. Might be easy fix too.
> Rust on roof.
> clear coat peeling in just about all panels. My plan was to fix rust and teach myself to wrap car.
> Starter motor gets stuck briefly on cold startups, just started happening recently. Works fine after grease warms up for next startups.

The car is true; it drives smooth and pulls strong. When I was performing all this work there was evidence showing that either the bottom-end was rebuilt, or it had head work done. Regardless, there is no head-gasket leaks, knocking, or misfiring. If I don't sell I will either turn it into a track purpose car, or part-it out.

I am thinking $2k takes her, I am also open to trades (pre 1975 Datsun/BMW)

8o5.32o.II35 (call | text) - David. Please don't hesitate to text me with questions. You're also welcome to come by and look in person.
Appreciate 0