E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Here for a short time..

12-19-2016, 06:34 AM   #1
Newtoy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

Garage List
Here for a short time..

Hey guys unfortunately i rear ended a car on the freeway today on my way from work and as the damage looks quite extensive am pretty sure the car will be a write off..
I lodge the claim from the insurance as soon as i got back home to the hospital for check ups but as it was expected when its time to lodge a claim they always find lots of BS to throw at you but in the end after some arguement everything was sorted [at least for now] so the car will get assessed soon and i will know the outcome.
After only a few months of ownership,countless hours of going over the net looking for info to learn about the car potentials and possible mods,bugging VTL everytime i would break something and getting him to come to my rescue to fix it and spending a fair amount of money on maintenance and modifications am pretty sure i'll try get another e92 as i really loved driving the car and haven't really got the chance to fully enjoy it.
unfortunately it was only insured for market value as i wanted to finish modding before i could change my policy to an agreed value.

Now i wanted to ask what are the chances of salvaging the parts i put on the car if the insurer decides that it is a write off and take it away?i want to at least recover the akrapovic exhaust i have on, Cpe dci,ER chargepipe with tial bov, and concave wheels and other bits and pieces i might be able to use if i get another 335i.
Any recommendations is much appreciated guys thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Newtoy; 12-19-2016 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: picture wasn't attached
Appreciate 0