F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Corporate fleet discount free ultimate care maintenance?
Studio RSR

01-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
mdai245
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i XDrive

Corporate fleet discount free ultimate care maintenance?

Most dealers are advertising this on their websites. See:
http://www.parkavebmw.com/corporate-fleet.htm

I applied the 1500 corpoeate fleet discount on my car using this incentive but still had to pay $600 for ultimate care when signing. Found out about this afterwards.

Was this a mistake on their end or am I thinking of the wrong discount?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 08:18 AM   #2
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdai245 View Post
Most dealers are advertising this on their websites. See:
http://www.parkavebmw.com/corporate-fleet.htm

I applied the 1500 corpoeate fleet discount on my car using this incentive but still had to pay $600 for ultimate care when signing. Found out about this afterwards.

Was this a mistake on their end or am I thinking of the wrong discount?
Corporate fleet gives rebate cash and a deduction in the money factor used in a lease, or additional corporate cash in a purchase.

The cash goes as a rebate into the deal, so you didnt put "1500 against the car", you put 1500 rebate into the deal, and the deal included the 600 ultimate care you decided to add.

Thats not semantics, its how the math works.

Sales price of car + cost of any addons (including tax if your state has to pay tax up front). = new sales price / adjusted cap cost of car - any rebates or down payment / cap cost reduction = Adjusted cap cost / sales price of car.

Adjusted sales price of car * money factor / interest rate = cost of financing

Adjusted cost of car / lease term = monthly payment

Montly payment + cost of financing = total monthly payment

Thats basically it... so they did not do anything wrong, if they applied the 1500 as a rebate against the deal. What you may be confused about is, you likely negotiated a price of the car, which included your corporate discount, then went to the finance office and they convinced you (or you decided) to get the ultimate care, and that got added to the deal. There is not an additional discount for buying services for the corporate discount.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #3
mdai245
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the reply but I think my confusion stems from the wording on the corporate fleet discount pages which make it sound like there is an upgraded maintenance program for fleet discount cars.

There are actually multiple maintenance packages packages all called ultimate care, ultimate care+1, ultimate care+2 etc...::

They are essentially all downgrades of the no cost 50k maintenance offered before 2017 with a questionable naming scheme.

The ultimate does indeed come with the car, but its the basic program that comes with all MY2017 BMWs that does not include brakes and wipers. The $600 Ultimate Care +1 program I purchased does.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdai245 View Post
Thanks for the reply but I think my confusion stems from the wording on the corporate fleet discount pages which make it sound like there is an upgraded maintenance program for fleet discount cars.

There are actually multiple maintenance packages packages all called ultimate care, ultimate care+1, ultimate care+2 etc...::

They are essentially all downgrades of the no cost 50k maintenance offered before 2017 with a questionable naming scheme.

The ultimate does indeed come with the car, but its the basic program that comes with all MY2017 BMWs that does not include brakes and wipers. The $600 Ultimate Care +1 program I purchased does.

Actually you might want to check that, because its my understanding that the $600 item that you purchased does NOT come with the wipers and brakes.

What you purchased is the additional year to take the maintenance plan from 3 years 36k miles to 4 years 50k miles, but that extension does not cover the brakes or wipers (or other stuff they removed).

To get that stuff included costs more than the $600. I am not a dealer, but have looked into this a few different times and am pretty confident in what I am saying. What I dont know is, if there is something different for corporate discount (I do get a corporate discount as well but my car is a 2016 so still has that stuff included).

I HIGHLY suggest you go check on what you actually purchased with the additional $600, and see if the extra year of MAINTENANCE you purchase includes brakes and wipers, or just extends the regular maintenance back to 4 years 50k like I mentioned.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

I am not going to delete what I typed but want to clarify, as I think we are talking about 2 slightly different things ( as I mentioned in the deal thread)

Ultimate care + adds the brakes and wipers back to the maintenance plan (for 600) BUT the coverage is still the 3 years 36k miles that BMW reduced the maintenance plan to. This is because they know its very unlikely you will need brakes in 3 years 36k miles (brakes would typically be done in the 40-50k mile range).

Ultimate Care (without the +) adds the 4th year / 50k miles back to the maintenance plan, but does NOT add the brakes and wiper blades.

Ultimate care +1 Adds both the brakes and wiper blades AND the 4th year 50k maintenance, but is NOT $600. I dont know how much it is because I have 2016s but I remember someone telling me its 1500 to 2k or so.

Does that make more sense? So yes you got brakes and wiper blades but your maintenance is 3 years 36 unless they added something specific for corporate discount on the maintenance end I dont know.

Last edited by jjrandorin; 01-10-2017 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #5
mdai245
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yep confirmed. I have 36k miles with brakes and wipers included for that $600.

Its another 1k+ to extend to 4 years 50k miles... not worth it imo

I'll be sure to get my money's worth
Appreciate 0