E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Something weird going on (Help)

01-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #1
Al_335xi
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

Something weird going on (Help)

I noticed a few months ago whenever I'm driving on the highway and I drive over the middle part to make a left to pass or switching over from the left lane to the right lane, well when I drive over the middle part my car begins to sway, which to me felt weird. But now I 'think" it's gotten worse, whenever I drive through a small pothole or not even a pothole I can feel it swaying. Even like last week when I drove my bmw to the dealership for service, I drove on the highway and this might be a little hard to explain but on the highway there is this part on the road when I drive to this certain dealership in another town, normally you drive on black pavement but this road, then turns into a beige color for 5 sec then back on the black pavement road. So basically theres a small little bump, and I was going 70 mph on a 65mph zone. So when I hit I felt like the wheel after I hit the bump turned to the left, and a second after the bump, my car felt like I was gonna go left towards the median but the wheel came back into place.

After that experience, I definitely have to do something about that.
I just want to know if anyone knows whats going on. Plus, I would like to mention that I lowered my car almost a year or about a year ago with H&R springs. P

I'm thinking If I should upgrade my suspension or shocks that are compatible with the springs or buy coil overs or something.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
joeinsd
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport

Possible tramlining.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=47

Search around the boards for some possible fixes. Could be several things. Low tire treads, tire pressures are off or soemthing more complicated like suspension - tie rods, etc..
Appreciate 1