E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Log Check - before I install turbos

03-02-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
Tim603
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Log Check - before I install turbos

Hey guys, doing a turbo upgrade soon just want a second set of eyes on my log to make sure everything looks healthy and that I'm not missing anything

I think things are looking good, timing just seems a little low but that could be normal. Let me know your thoughts

http://datazap.me/u/tim603/jb4-map-2...a=1-3-4&solo=9

07 E90 N54

JB4 Map 2
Backend PUMP flash

aFe Intake
VRSF 7" intercooler
ECS Charge Pipe w/ Tial BOV
VRSF Dwnpipes
Muffler Delete
      03-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
langsbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'm a newbie to this platform, but I'm in the same situation as you. Similar mods and planning to upgrade turbos, inlets, outlets, etc soon.

Your log looks good to me, but I don't see the HPFP logged. That might be good to just make sure nothing adverse is happening right now.

I ran your log thru Virtual Dyno (assumed 07 6MT with 200lb passenger weight, 25.3" tire) and it's saying 410/422.

My car has a custom tune and runs much less boost than yours above 5000, and a few degrees more timing, and people said mine was conservative.

What turbos are you planning on going to?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #3
Tim603
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by langsbr View Post
I'm a newbie to this platform, but I'm in the same situation as you. Similar mods and planning to upgrade turbos, inlets, outlets, etc soon.

Your log looks good to me, but I don't see the HPFP logged. That might be good to just make sure nothing adverse is happening right now.

I ran your log thru Virtual Dyno (assumed 07 6MT with 200lb passenger weight, 25.3" tire) and it's saying 410/422.

My car has a custom tune and runs much less boost than yours above 5000, and a few degrees more timing, and people said mine was conservative.

What turbos are you planning on going to?
I put a post on N54tech and a couple people responded. Consensus is basically the same that it looks good, timing will always be low on shitty pump gas apparently.

The fp_h is logged on there, values look fine for the current tune and fuel I think.

That's pretty cool! I've never done the virtual dyno thing. Is that to the crank?

Lol yeah im trying to take things slow with then engine mods, make sure everything is in check maintenance/seals/supporting mods first. Lpfp and turbo purchase is coming soon and she will be ready to go under the knife. I'll update my main thread w/ photos once I've decided and gotten the turbos
      03-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #4
langsbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Ah - forgot you have a JB4 - I'm used to seeing rail pressure psi logged directly.

Virtual dyno is comparable to dynojet WHP numbers.

What's interesting is that while our graphs start very similarly, above 4000, they divert with yours making more power and torque. I have some timing corrections I need to get sorted out, so that could be why. Gonna add some Torco or E to see if it is just octane.

The prior owner was making 400/420 on a dynojet.

As with anything computer related - it's all about GIGO. Garbage in, garbage out. The more accurate the data is, as well as the test environment, the more accurate it is.

FWIW, my car pulls on my buddy's V1 CTS-v with 400/400.

Are you doing inlets and outlets too?

I'll be doing a stage 2 LPFP and running E## until I max the fuel out. No plans to go PI. Can't wait for the flex fuel stuff Motiv is doing.

Here's the graph between our cars - I want mine to pull like yours for now
Appreciate 0