E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Installed VRSF charge pipe, Found out OEM failed already

04-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
Wksk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i e92 6spd goes vroom!

Installed VRSF charge pipe, Found out OEM failed already

I just bought and installed a vrsf charge pipe Friday just to be precautionary since i have jb4 and dp (thanks Mike @ XPH). As i was cleaning my car afterwards and i was looking in the manual binder and it had all the previous owners info on a sheet of paper. I decided to email him to let him know the car went to a good home and just get some info from how it went for him.

He sent me a lengthy email back today with two important bits of info. The transmission was replaced at 20k because of gears 1-2 and the charge pipe cracked and was replaced. He was leasing and did not mod. I just find it ironic the weekend i decide to replace mine so it doesn't crack he mentioned it did in my car for him under stock boost.

Glad i replaced it.
Appreciate 0