F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Best lowering spring options for M-Sport 435i?
proTUNING Freaks

08-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
Dougdoescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Best lowering spring options for M-Sport 435i?

I'm sure this has been discussed but I was looking to see what would be the best option for lowering springs for my M-Sport 435i RWD. I was going to originally go coilovers but I really enjoy how the M sport suspension feels and my budget is fairly limited so I think lowering springs would be the best way to go.

With that being said I'm basically just looking for whatever goes lowest and maintains a comfortable ride while maybe being able to up the handling a tad bit. I'm not looking to slam my car or anything but I've noticed that some lowering springs make barely any difference due to the m suspension already being a tad bit lower than stock, so I wanted springs that would actually make a noticeable difference and would fit well with a set of 19's. I'm looking at H&R super sports because of how low they go but other than how low they go I don't know too much about them.

Can I get your guy's thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenttngo1 View Post
I'm sure this has been discussed but I was looking to see what would be the best option for lowering springs for my M-Sport 435i RWD. I was going to originally go coilovers but I really enjoy how the M sport suspension feels and my budget is fairly limited so I think lowering springs would be the best way to go.

With that being said I'm basically just looking for whatever goes lowest and maintains a comfortable ride while maybe being able to up the handling a tad bit. I'm not looking to slam my car or anything but I've noticed that some lowering springs make barely any difference due to the m suspension already being a tad bit lower than stock, so I wanted springs that would actually make a noticeable difference and would fit well with a set of 19's. I'm looking at H&R super sports because of how low they go but other than how low they go I don't know too much about them.

Can I get your guy's thoughts?
If keeping oem shocks hands down Dinan springs and bump stops.

I ran H&R and they were horrific. Switched to Dinan last year and I'm loving it.
      09-02-2017, 03:49 AM   #3
Dougdoescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post

I ran H&R and they were horrific. Switched to Dinan last year and I'm loving it.
Yeah I've been doing a little research on people who ran the H&R springs with the OEM shocks and it doesn't seem like a good combo.

How much lower does the dinan springs bring the car to? With the sport suspension that is.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 04:46 AM   #4
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenttngo1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post

Yeah I've been doing a little research on people who ran the H&R springs with the OEM shocks and it doesn't seem like a good combo.

How much lower does the dinan springs bring the car to? With the sport suspension that is.
I don't have the exact specs but I'd say 1.25" front and 1" rear that's a rough estimate. They're not as low as the H&R sport but to me that was too low and looked silly. The Dinan sit just right. I also saw a post someone riding on AC shnitzer springs and the drop was around what Dinan was but not sure about ride quality.

The key is use the bump stops they sell or source them yourself they're bmw stock parts.
      09-02-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

I don't think Dinan springs will lower ur car much over the msport red suspension. Based on your priority of lowering your car further, I'd go with h&r super sports or mperformance suspension for 10mm lower

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | ZE0 | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK | MPPK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
NWest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Lowering springs on stock shocks and struts is not a good long-term solution imo. I'd go coilovers or matched springs/dampers.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 10:29 PM   #7
bimmer4lif3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M440 gran coupe, E46 M3

I am leaning towards the AC schnitzer springs for my 440 GC. I spoke with the AC rep yesterday he told me that I could use my stock bump stops with no problems and that the drop would be about 20 to 25mm on base suspension or 10mm for Msport non xdrive . I have read that H&R springs provided a more aggressive drop but also had a rougher ride.
Appreciate 0