E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > modding my 335i..any suggestions?

05-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
tamu
Rep
Drives: 335i

modding my 335i..any suggestions?

so i have got hit by the modding bug and decided that my 335i needs some performance upgrades. i have read enough about the diffrent tuning options avialable in the market, and iv decided to go with the procede V3, exhaust, and intake.

i no which chip i am going for but i am not sure about which exhaust and intake i should go for. I no for a fact that for my exhaust i wont mind if its to loud as that is not my concern. my concern is performance, and which ever exhaust gives me the best bang for the buck il go for that. for intake i prefer a drop in air filter. iv heard the itg drop in is very good and i wouldn't want to go further then that.

Iv contacted vishnu and they said the procede is a simple plug and play device, so does that mean it wont effect the performance of my car if add or remove the exhaust system or drop in filter??

iv also decided to get some cosmetic mod's. iv been looking into a full M3 conversion, if its possible that is. what would you guys recommend for me?? bcoz i am seriously confused about all this stuff, and advice from others is always helpfull
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
tamu
Rep

anyone!!! please!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
Dan335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6MT,w/sp. pack.

Search the subject.You will go blind with all the info out there.Every question you have will be answered.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Doc E
Surf Caster Extraordinaire
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '13 ISF

You must get the Flux Capacitor.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Bang for buck?? UR catless DP's and http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126416

Intake..UR

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Let me ask you this, and I'm serious about it. Are you willing and ready to pay for anything that goes wrong with anything related to your engine or transmission?

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Given the MAJOR crackdown on mods by BMW, you may want to rehtink the whole performance mod thing...for now anyway.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

If I were you, I'd go for Dinan with all the shit going around with warranty denial. You are in Canada, so things might be different over there, after all you want is peace of mind and get the most out of your car.

Or just wait for the Shark Injector... just couple of months away.
      05-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

id go SSTT or wait for the shark injector.
      05-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #10
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

yeah you might be able to get away with the catback and intake but the V3 will toast your warranty if the Dealer ever finds out...Id go SSTT if I were you

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #11
tamu
Rep

yes i am willing to void the warranty for the sake of enjoying my car more. I dont mind paying a extra 1000$ every 2-3months for servicing!!....

can someone collaborate more on the shark injector?? what is all that about??

so far the only exhaust i think that would go good for me is the vishnu exhaust since i will be using his chip i thought everything might work better if i go with the hole package?? but what i am really worried about was if i take of all my mod's and then put them back or just take out the intake and keep the exhaust would it effect the procede??or is the procede able to work with any modifications i put on it??

is there a need for a IC??? or should i just change the piping?? i wont be tracking my car or anything but will be most likely dragging it or use it for street use...
i think i should be ok if i just got for the procede, intake, and exhaust. would i benefit from the IC???

thanks for the reply guys
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

IC has netted some nice gains...def. worth it...Reguardless of the tune you buy it will not be tuned for your supporting mods, you should wait for shark if your worried about being optimized because you can manipulate it

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #13
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamu View Post
yes i am willing to void the warranty for the sake of enjoying my car more. I dont mind paying a extra 1000$ every 2-3months for servicing!!....

so far the only exhaust i think that would go good for me is the vishnu exhaust since i will be using his chip i thought everything might work better if i go with the hole package?? but what i am really worried about was if i take of all my mod's and then put them back or just take out the intake and keep the exhaust would it effect the procede??or is the procede able to work with any modifications i put on it??

is there a need for a IC??? or should i just change the piping?? i wont be tracking my car or anything but will be most likely dragging it or use it for street use...
i think i should be ok if i just got for the procede, intake, and exhaust. would i benefit from the IC???

willing to pay an extra thousand per month...buy a 997 GT2
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #14
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

*elaborate

and we're not talking about thousands every few months for regular service. We're talking big digits, at any given point in time. I'm all for tuning your 335! I just want you to know and understand that cost of the parts to fix certain things on this car are through the roof! A simple fuel pump replacement is 950 for the part alone, plus 150-200 an hour for labor. There's still things like turbos, crank shafts, crank cases, gaskets, pistons, injectors, valves, pumps, and so on, and thats just for the engine. You still have to worry about your transmission as well.

I'm just saying, be careful. I dont want any of you guys doing things that will screw you over later. I'm trying to look out for you guys, not deter you from moding. . . . hell, look at my mods.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #15
tamu
Rep

boost nation i totally understand what i am getting into. iv read ur post about your unfortunate mishap with the dealer. if i was in ur position i would probably become cautious aswell but iv thought about it, and i am sure i want to go through with this

so does anyone have info on the shark injector for me??? so when i do get the procede i have to let vishnu no what mod's i will be installing in my car???

so far i think il be going with the procede v3, vishnu exhaust, itg drop in filter, and IC....any suggestions on a IC that works like a plug and play!!!!???

woow i am just confused how this will all work. i no what i want, but i dont no how it will work on the procede. sigh
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #16
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
boost nation i totally understand what i am getting into. iv read ur post about your unfortunate mishap with the dealer. if i was in ur position i would probably become cautious aswell but iv thought about it, and i am sure i want to go through with this

so does anyone have info on the shark injector for me??? so when i do get the procede i have to let vishnu no what mod's i will be installing in my car???

so far i think il be going with the procede v3, vishnu exhaust, itg drop in filter, and IC....any suggestions on a IC that works like a plug and play!!!!???

woow i am just confused how this will all work. i no what i want, but i dont no how it will work on the procede. sigh
Every IC for this car is plug and play. I'm not too keen on the shark injector but im definitely interested in learning more about it as well. Alrite man, good luck to ya! If your fine with possibly paying for stuff that breaks (means you can be care free!), then awesome, you'll have a great time with your 335!

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #17
sandeep
BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Tamu, I hope you don't work for BMW NA trying to get feedback from all the guys here and their details that way to see who all have modded their cars. Well I can tell you I haven't.
Hey, i have my doubts because looks like you have posted less than 10 posts and you got the modding bug already and without any introduction about yourself or when you bought your car, how it is etc. etc....you are suddenly ready to void your warranty and ready to pay 1000s a month for servicing.
Sorry, I just have my doubts and in all honesty don't mean any offence to you here.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #18
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
*elaborate

There's still things like turbos, crank shafts, crank cases, gaskets, pistons, injectors, valves, pumps, and so on, and thats just for the engine. You still have to worry about your transmission as well.
And if your warranty hadn't been voided, you would have tried to have BMW replace those things under warranty if they broke?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #19
tamu
Rep

@sandeep - i wasnt aware that i had to introduce myself to the forum to gain simple knowledge of after market performance parts. I dont work for BMW, i am actually a SAP administrator for a consultant company. Iv had my 335i for over a year and decided that i wanted to upgrade bcoz i found the car was lacking in places. So i did my research and all i could come up with was the vishnu stage1 package. however, iv seen all of you guys with different stuff installed, so all i was doing was finding out the pro's and con's of anything i want to put in my car!!! what i dont get is all of you have performance parts installed in your car and as soon as i want to do the same thing i get ranted out about loosing my warranty etc etc. i no what i am getting into and like iv said before i am willing to sacrifice my warranty for the sake of enjoying my car.

so would someone please help me out without ranting on and on about warranty issue's. i am aware of what i am getting into.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #20
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e90 View Post
And if your warranty hadn't been voided, you would have tried to have BMW replace those things under warranty if they broke?
If they were related to my tune of choice, then no. If proven to be faulty from something else, then yes.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #21
sirploppy
5 Star General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3

Are you like the e90post Reichsführer-SS now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep View Post
Tamu, I hope you don't work for BMW NA trying to get feedback from all the guys here and their details that way to see who all have modded their cars. Well I can tell you I haven't.
Hey, i have my doubts because looks like you have posted less than 10 posts and you got the modding bug already and without any introduction about yourself or when you bought your car, how it is etc. etc....you are suddenly ready to void your warranty and ready to pay 1000s a month for servicing.
Sorry, I just have my doubts and in all honesty don't mean any offence to you here.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #22
sandeep
BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirploppy View Post
Are you like the e90post Reichsführer-SS now?
Hey, whats your problem man? First of all it (my post) was not for you and is none of your business. Looks like you are being the Reichsführer-SS now.
Appreciate 0