E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Selling my 335...should I leave MHD tune?

09-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
jakeadake
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

The time has come for me to sell my 335xi and I have a buyer lined up to purchase. The buyer has scheduled a PPI at her Indy an hour away and we've agreed on a price. I've put the car back to stock except for catless DP's and a BMS DP fix. Reverted back to the original tune via MHD and the car drives fine with no check engine lights. However I hear some wastegate rattle around 2k-3k RPM's (turbos done 1k miles ago...)

Should I load MHD and adjust the rattle fix and sell the car with the tune loaded or leave it on the stock tune and potentially have the PPI mention the wastegate rattle? I feel like the catless DP's amplify the rattle but it's very audible with the windows down!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Stock and mention the rattle, DP's and fix. Explain each.

If you don't they will feel ripped off when they take it in for service and see these as problems they were not warned about. Then it comes back on you.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
jakeadake
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post

If you don't they will feel ripped off when they take it in for service and see these as problems they were not warned about. Then it comes back on you.
Good points, thanks. Hopefully the Indy (and buyer) don't see the aftermarket DP's as a problem, since I've had no issues with emissions or drivability. Still have the stock DP's but broke the studs off when removing them for the turbo replacements. Out of curiosity are PPI's actually thorough enough that they look up under the subframe at the DP's? I've already mentioned the DP's with the buyer, who didn't understand or mind.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 05:12 PM   #4
wesley610
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeadake View Post
Good points, thanks. Hopefully the Indy (and buyer) don't see the aftermarket DP's as a problem, since I've had no issues with emissions or drivability. Still have the stock DP's but broke the studs off when removing them for the turbo replacements. Out of curiosity are PPI's actually thorough enough that they look up under the subframe at the DP's? I've already mentioned the DP's with the buyer, who didn't understand or mind.
Thoroughness of it depends on the shop, they very well could look and mention there aren't cats on the car
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #5
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeadake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post

Didn't understood or mind are two entirely different things. If the buyer doesn't understand that federally required catalytic converters ($$) are missing, that's not cool.
      09-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

You mention it's a female buyer, I'd be surprised if she was ok with a car that was missing 2 cats, and the inspector will be able to tell right away. You should have already discussed the dps and fix over the phone, and not make it a surprise.
      09-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #7
YGazis109
Yiannis Gazis
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [0.00]
When selling a car you should have a buyers and sellers agreement and within the agreement it should say the buyer knows exactly what they are getting and everything was explained to her before she bought the car. Then she can't go after you later on

- Yiannis
1st Bimmer - 2007 328xi | SGM | e90 | Premium | Navi | Gloss black trim | Cold | AA headers | 3 stage intake manifold | AA stage 3 tune | AFE stage 2 intake | Cyba Scoops | OEM Blacklines | OEM LCI mtech front bumper | OEM LCI hood | OEM gloss black kidney grills | Orion v4 LED halos with blackout headlights | Valentine 1 Radar | Sport wheel with paddles | kw v1 coilovers | VMR 710 | Continental ExtremeContact DW |
Appreciate 0