E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELP: Seat trim removal but seat unmovable

11-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
left123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TiAg 330i 6MT ZSP

HELP: Seat trim removal but seat unmovable

Good evening.

I am in a predicament. I need to remove the driver's seat plastic trim by the seat controls but the seat won't move. I drive a 2006 330i sport/premium package.

Here are the problems:

1. My driver side seat controls do not work (and my driver side seat heater also does not work).
2. My seat is set very low/back due to my normal driving position, precluding me from removing the rear torx bolts to remove the seat.
3. All online directions, including PelicanParts guide start with REMOVING THE SEAT FIRST! (which is asanine, as I would not be taking it off if my seat worked! But I digress.)

My thought was to get to the seat control under the plastic trim and see if there are problems there. I don't know what else to try at this point. My plan was to try everything to get the seat out, but I have hit a wall and do not think it possible (specifically the rear torx bolts). Here is what I have accomplished so far:

1. Checked all fuses (all are good)
2. Checked power to the seat via the yellow under-seat plug (it is receiving power, but somewhere past that it isn't...)
3. I have removed both front T45 seat bolts holding the seat to the floor. I have also removed the two T30 bolts that hold the seat to the rails, allowing me more access for the front.
4. I am NOT able to remove any bolts holding the back part of the seat down...

So, I have three questions:

1. Can anyone give me specific advice on how to manually move the seat either up or forward to give me access to the rear bolts to remove the seat?

2. Please help on advice for removing the plastic side trim by the controls?

3. Any thoughts on what is wrong if I have no seat motor control and also no seat heater?

Thanks and any help is sincerely appreciated.

Last edited by left123; 11-03-2017 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 0