F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > best place to buy an m-sport front bumper?
GetBMWParts

01-11-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
BlackF30
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 black F30 335i

best place to buy an m-sport front bumper?

Hey guys, I have a 2014 335i sportline and I was looking to upgrade to the M-sport front bumper. Anyone have an suggests as to where the best place to purchase one would be?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #2
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

This question comes up every week, I'm sure if you use the search function it'll come up.

The first question you need to ask yourself is what's your budget and will it take you to oem or aftermarket.

Oem - go to dealer and buy off classified section

Aftermarket - eBay or check with your local performance shops on Taiwan made rep bumpers. If it's Taiwan it's most likely the GoodGo Brand. You can verify by looking at the photos. The Taiwan bumpers all come from the same place and use he same photos.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
FutureDesignCarbon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
This question comes up every week, I'm sure if you use the search function it'll come up.

The first question you need to ask yourself is what's your budget and will it take you to oem or aftermarket.

Oem - go to dealer and buy off classified section

Aftermarket - eBay or check with your local performance shops on Taiwan made rep bumpers. If it's Taiwan it's most likely the GoodGo Brand. You can verify by looking at the photos. The Taiwan bumpers all come from the same place and use he same photos.
second this. SELMA or IKON would be a good trusted vendor for that bumper.

FYI, the replica bumper doesn't come with one of the lower stiffening bar like OEM, and the air duct is in a different shape.

OEM set up is much more involved, where replica is more of the "get r done" kinda set up.

here's a link to our blog page with the M-Sport bumper DIY for your reference:
https://www.futuredesignusa.com/sing...pt-on-Driveway

Please PM me if you have any specific questions on the installation, we will help you out anyway we can.
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2610.00
      01-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
BlackF30
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Thank you guys for your input.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I got mine from Mod Bargains. Great quality and fitment.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 09:21 AM   #6
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
I got mine from Mod Bargains. Great quality and fitment.
Yup and they carry the typical Taiwan bumper.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yup and they carry the typical Taiwan bumper.
Yeah. This is only the second time I've gotten a quality part out of that area. Other one was a set of grilles.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #8
BlackF30
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

so would the mod bargains bumper pretty much be the same as an ikon motorsports bumper? Both from the same place, but mod bargains with shipping is more than double the price.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #9
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackF30 View Post
so would the mod bargains bumper pretty much be the same as an ikon motorsports bumper? Both from the same place, but mod bargains with shipping is more than double the price.
Could you link the Ikon one? I can't seem to find it.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 04:13 PM   #10
FutureDesignCarbon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackF30 View Post
yep, it's basically like trying to decide going to Target or Fred Meyer to buy a Sony TV.
Appreciate 1
BunkerJ1032.00
      01-24-2018, 04:35 PM   #11
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Best place is obviously the dealer. All the vendors carry the same bumpers out of Taiwan. Comes down to who has it in stock and has a shipping price you are ok with. eBay can be a gamble but usually if you pick it from a highly rated vendor on there you are fine
      01-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #12
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
Best place is obviously the dealer. All the vendors carry the same bumpers out of Taiwan. Comes down to who has it in stock and has a shipping price you are ok with. eBay can be a gamble but usually if you pick it from a highly rated vendor on there you are fine
What he said.

The other thing you'll notice is when you go to a shop in person and they pull up the part on the computer and they generally always show the same photo of the loose bumper (attached). The suppliers in Taiwan forward these shops all the same photos.

Some venders like eBay sellers will only show or follow it up with googled images as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 07:27 PM   #13
Gr-Racing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, F30 335i, 1986 K75

Ebay get it painted same color as your car

Ps if you go Oem like i did , you are gonna spend $500 plus on plastic trims to get it to work fully Oem
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #14
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr-Racing View Post
Ebay get it painted same color as your car

Ps if you go Oem like i did , you are gonna spend $500 plus on plastic trims to get it to work fully Oem
Yes, but any astute person can see differences in paint, clearcoat and orange peel that a local painter can better match to your particular car.

As also noted in another thread, M Sports Bumper is 72” x 22” x 22” and max length and girth FedEx Ground or UPS Ground will take is 73” x 23” x 23” (or 165”).

In other words that painted bumper has literally no protection inside the box where it’s right against the cardboard.

Because of the tight fit, neither will cover damage to bumper or paint in shipment claiming it is not properly packaged.

BMW OEM box for Bumper is 78” x 28” x 28” to give you some comparison of protection needed in box and must be shipped via freight because of size.

You feeling lucky?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #15
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
@BEM-S4 Put me in touch with Brian Keller at Sun Motors BMW- fantastic prices... if you want OEM.
      01-26-2018, 10:48 PM   #16
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCD View Post
@BEM-S4 Put me in touch with Brian Keller at Sun Motors BMW- fantastic prices... if you want OEM.
Better value in members Classifieds.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 12:47 AM   #17
Gr-Racing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, F30 335i, 1986 K75

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Yes, but any astute person can see differences in paint, clearcoat and orange peel that a local painter can better match to your particular car.

As also noted in another thread, M Sports Bumper is 72” x 22” x 22” and max length and girth FedEx Ground or UPS Ground will take is 73” x 23” x 23” (or 165”).

In other words that painted bumper has literally no protection inside the box where it’s right against the cardboard.

Because of the tight fit, neither will cover damage to bumper or paint in shipment claiming it is not properly packaged.

BMW OEM box for Bumper is 78” x 28” x 28” to give you some comparison, you of protection needed in box and must be shipped via freight because of size.

You feeling lucky?
Mine got shipped greyhound bus but again im not an astute person, you know better, goood feedback on the post bud
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 09:55 AM   #18
KingKujo
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 328i Luxury Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINFDUSA View Post

FYI, the replica bumper doesn't come with one of the lower stiffening bar like OEM, and the air duct is in a different shape.

OEM set up is much more involved, where replica is more of the "get r done" kinda set up.

Please PM me if you have any specific questions on the installation, we will help you out anyway we can.
What do you mean by "more involved vs get r done"? I went into a BMW dealership and spoke with the parts manager who gave me a price on the whole m-sport kit with front, rear, and side skirts. But he also said there is much more to be done than just putting the bumper on. He said there is hardware and adjustments that need to be changed behind the bumper to make it fit. Is this what you mean by more involved? I was quoted around $3000 for just the parts. Meanwhile I see people who seem to just buy a bumper and slap it on like its nothing.

Sorry if there is another post on this, but it seems like you may be able to answer based on what you have done.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #19
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKujo View Post
What do you mean by "more involved vs get r done"? I went into a BMW dealership and spoke with the parts manager who gave me a price on the whole m-sport kit with front, rear, and side skirts. But he also said there is much more to be done than just putting the bumper on. He said there is hardware and adjustments that need to be changed behind the bumper to make it fit. Is this what you mean by more involved? I was quoted around $3000 for just the parts. Meanwhile I see people who seem to just buy a bumper and slap it on like its nothing.

Sorry if there is another post on this, but it seems like you may be able to answer based on what you have done.

Thanks
The replica kits are cheaper and don't require any adjustments as far as I'm aware. The parts would cost you under $1000 USD. Official parts will cost a lot more because of the adjustments and things involved.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 08:10 AM   #20
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKujo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINFDUSA View Post

Thanks
The replica bumper is designed to mount over the existing luxury/sport "chassis" where the supplementary parts associated with the OEM M Sport bumper aren't required. The lower part of the bumper where the brake ducts are gets complicated on the OEM m sport bumper as you need to replace a vertical support brace and some other large plastic component that hangs from the center of the bumper to the lower side below the center grill. Sorry don't remember the names of these parts off the top of my head. Anyway with the aftermarket conversion bumper it's design to fit over top of these pieces and mount nice and tight.

In the end you spend under $700 on the front bumper to get the same look and feel (as OEM) and depending on where you buy you also get near identical quality also.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:23 AM   #21
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The replica bumper is designed to mount over the existing luxury/sport "chassis" where the supplementary parts associated with the OEM M Sport bumper aren't required. The lower part of the bumper where the brake ducts are gets complicated on the OEM m sport bumper as you need to replace a vertical support brace and some other large plastic component that hangs from the center of the bumper to the lower side below the center grill. Sorry don't remember the names of these parts off the top of my head. Anyway with the aftermarket conversion bumper it's design to fit over top of these pieces and mount nice and tight.

In the end you spend under $700 on the front bumper to get the same look and feel (as OEM) and depending on where you buy you also get near identical quality also.
And your brakes don’t get vented properly with the replicas.

There is a reason BMW had to change the piping etc behind the MSport Bumper. If ir could be done properly using Sportsline parts, they would have done it that way to avoid more parts inventory.

There is less airflow to brakes with design of MSports Bumper unless the venting is changed.
Appreciate 0