E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan,catted dp,ae exh...will this work well with there tune?

06-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Dinan,catted dp,ae exh...will this work well with there tune?

I have waited for a very long time and I think this is where I will end up getting.

Will the dinan tune work without secondary catts? and has any one tried it with catted downpipes?

All this new ecu/update from BMW made me want to go dinan so I dont have to play the cat and mouse game with them.

I just want a tune that makes decent torque and power with no hassil and just forget about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post
I have waited for a very long time and I think this is where I will end up getting.

Will the dinan tune work without secondary catts? and has any one tried it with catted downpipes?

All this new ecu/update from BMW made me want to go dinan so I dont have to play the cat and mouse game with them.

I just want a tune that makes decent torque and power with no hassil and just forget about it.
IMO you should clarify this with Dinan to avoid playing cat and mouse with them .
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
grkm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
IMO you should clarify this with Dinan to avoid playing cat and mouse with them .
I can get my car dinan tuned without them knowing,my shop has a mip or what ever its called and can flash my car,they can also flash it back to stock.

I am more concerned with there tune and a catted downpipe/no secondary.I just dont want any spikes or limp modes.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post
I can get my car dinan tuned without them knowing,my shop has a mip or what ever its called and can flash my car,they can also flash it back to stock.

I am more concerned with there tune and a catted downpipe/no secondary.I just dont want any spikes or limp modes.
You could get emission codes, need O2 sims and really don't know how the tune will behave. When you go the Dinan route ( which I believe is great ) I only would use parts that are ok with Dinan.

The alternative you have is to wait for Shark Edit, which should allow you to flash your ECU and back to stock whenever you like.

My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0