E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Engine Misfiring Please Help!!!

06-08-2018, 11:53 PM   #1
xylean
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i 6 Spd. White

Unhappy Engine Misfiring Please Help!!!

Yesterday I changed out the starter on my car and followed this guide:

At the 7:30 mark in that video is where you pull the intake manifold off. There are hoses / wires behind it that catch and make it tough to pull it up further. So I guess I was sort of forcing it.

After installing the started and bolting the manifold back up I noticed that the vacuum hose from the intake was disconnected on the other side, so I tried to figure out where it connects to, but I am not really sure here is where it starts:
View post on imgur.com

This is the path of it:
View post on imgur.com

This is the nipple I THINK it connects to:
View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

When I first found the nipple after installing the starter it didn’t seem clean as shown in the 3rd pic, it was dirty( as if there was a hose on it before) which lead me to believe this isn’t where the hose was originally disconnected from.

When the hose is both on and off the engine is misfiring and feels like the car will shut off at times.

In this general area (I can not pinpoint the location): it sounds like a hissing noise as if air is escaping from a hose. I tried to spray soap/ water solution to locate an air leak or suction, but couldn’t find any.
View post on imgur.com

Is this the correct place to connect this hose or is there another nipple it is supposed to connect to behind the manifold? Could I have torn another hose upon yanking the manifold to the side to access the starter?

I used a code reader and these are the codes I got:
View post on imgur.com

My service engine soon light is on.
I didn’t have these codes or light on before I installed the new starter. Any help in advance would be extremely appreciated

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻
Appreciate 0