E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > e92 335i Coupe - Rear Turbo Wastegate Closed At All Times + Vacuum Line Routing

07-01-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
pjr710
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

e92 335i Coupe - Rear Turbo Wastegate Closed At All Times + Vacuum Line Routing

Hey guys,

I replaced my vacuum lines a month ago. I was having boost leak codes. I did realize a vacuum line was disconnected when I was in the middle of replacement.

Anyway, I replaced the vacuum lines, and at WOT sometimes I still get engine malfunction.

I was told that it may be because of actuator arm. So today I went to adjust it (which actually seems easy if I just had that smaller wrench) .. anyway, I turned the car on, took a video of my rear turbo while I revved it, etc and it doesn't move.

The rear turbo just stays in the "closed" position the whole time the car is running.

Why is this?

Also when re-routing my vacuum lines I referenced the two pictures below, as you can see the MS Paint diagram routes the drivers side canister to the furthest solenoid, and the passenger canister to the foremost solenoid.

The BMW diagram has the exact opposite. I had it routed the MS Paint version way, I just re routed it the BMW diagram way and no difference. (does it even matter?)

Could I have a pinch in a vacuum line? I'm just trying to figure out what's causing this. Thank you

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 01:18 AM   #2
White330
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: From the passenger seat

Check to see if the C Clip has come off of the actuator arm. It’s happened to me before
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #3
pjr710
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

heres a video
Appreciate 0