E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Windows up and mirrors folding

09-01-2018, 06:57 AM   #1
Icebergbass
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Coupe

Windows up and mirrors folding

Hi all, first post here. Sorry if there are already any threads about this subject, but I couldn't find them.
My loyal 18 year companion 2000 323i has gone to the junk yard after I wrecked it beyond repair. I just got a 2009 328i coupe, so I'm not familiar with the newer models. I've seen Youtube videos showing the windows roll up and mirrors folding features by pressing and holding the lock button on the fob, which I tried and it doesn't work; some say these features don't work on US models, others say it needs to be somehow activated. Could someone clarify this for me? if there are any links to "how tos" I'd appreciate it.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Icebergbass; 09-01-2018 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

The US cars do not come with this function from the factory. It is addable though.The easiest way is with Carly for BMW. Someone with Carly can code this function in a few minutes for you.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 07:11 AM   #3
n2siast
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergbass View Post
Hi all, first post here. Sorry if there are already any threads about this subject, but I couldn't find them.
My loyal 18 year companion 2000 323i has gone to the junk yard after I wrecked it beyond repair. I just got a 2009 328i coupe, so I'm not familiar with the newer models. I've seen Youtube videos showing the windows roll up and mirrors folding features by pressing and holding the lock button on the fob, which I tried and it doesn't work; some say these features don't work on US models, others say it needs to be somehow activated. Could someone clarify this for me? if there are any links to "how tos" I'd appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
If you're ever in the Richmond area, hit me up and I can code some features for you.

One thing however, if your car is not equipped with the folding mirror option, you would not be able to code it to fold up with the Key Fob. Easiest way to tell if you have is if there's a button on your window switch to fold the mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 09:29 AM   #4
Icebergbass
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2siast View Post
If you're ever in the Richmond area, hit me up and I can code some features for you.

One thing however, if your car is not equipped with the folding mirror option, you would not be able to code it to fold up with the Key Fob. Easiest way to tell if you have is if there's a button on your window switch to fold the mirrors.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm in Roanoke, a few hours south from you and indeed I might be heading to Richmond, but in a couple of months. Thanks for the offer; I'll definitely keep that in mind. And yes, my mirrors fold by pressing the button.
Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Icebergbass
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
The US cars do not come with this function from the factory. It is addable though.The easiest way is with Carly for BMW. Someone with Carly can code this function in a few minutes for you.
Thanks so much! I'll look at the Carly option.
Appreciate 0