BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #1
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
New Text Message Notification no longer appears..

With my Android phone paired to my X3, I used to get a notification on my instrument cluster and iDrive screen when a new text message arrives. Somewhere over the last few months this stopped happening. I've switched Android phones and I still do not get any notifications in the car. However, I can still go into Messaging and read/reply to the text messages, so the car is getting the new messages - it's just no longer notifying me. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Initially I thought it was the phone, but it's clear that iDrive is getting the messages - it's just not notifying me that a new one has arrived. Now that it's not showing it with a new phone, I am inclined to think it's something in the car/iDrive itself.

The notifications show up as a little envelope under your analogue clock on your cluster, and also the same envelope icon next to the clock on your iDrive screen. Well, they used to.

Anyway, now I have to rely on actually hearing my phone play a tone that a message has arrived so I know to check my Messaging in iDrive to see the message. Everything else is working fine - just not getting the notifications anymore. Any ideas if there is a setting that I missed for this?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

I don’t have an android device, but on iPhones, you have to turn on “show notifications” in order for the vehicle to display the icons you mentioned. My guess is there is a similar setting for your phone. I’m sure somoelde will chime in with more working knowledge of your particular phone.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
Neo1130
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

If turning on the "show notifications" doesn't work. Delete your phone from the bluetooth setup and same with the car on your phone... Then re-pair them.
Appreciate 0